Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses launches worldwide campaign againt Russia

by jwleaks 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• undercover
    undercover

I remember doing a letter writing campaign regarding Malawi. Back then there was no Internet, no email, no social media, so it kinda made sense. Today, I'm not so sure.

Which lends credence to my theory (and apologies if someone has already mentioned this) - that the letter writing campaign isn't so much to try to convince Russian authorities of anything, but to impress on dubs in the US, and other 'free' countries, that persecution is real, and it could be them next. A side benefit is that it gives them a sense of solidarity, but the the real intent is to give them anxiety, put a sense of dread in their life, hopefully pushing them to come closer to 'mother', not letting the 'world' seduce them or pull them away from their service to the organization.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi Drearyweather,

That's what I meant....they are a burden on the Russian gov't....I also was making a joke about the big card....The org. wants us to write Russia and also supply who we are and our addresses...so this looks like we are putting our faith on the line....All this is smoke and mirrors....just to take away from the ARC incident...

Tor

• Gayle
    Gayle

I remember writing letters to Malawi in mid-60s. We could count the time. So awful reading later how the WT was very misleading to the JWs there and their heartless control of trusting JWs there.

I feel sorry for most of the JWs in Russia at this time. I wish the Russian government could make JWs go to a class about 'JW facts' for a day or two (kind of like driving class provision when someone brakes a driving law, instead of paying a huge fine). The class could go over all the WT lies and an assortment of choice youtube videos.

• sir82
    sir82

JWTalk update....

They are still utterly bat-$#!+ over this.

"Controversy" over whether to use "Dear" or "Esteemed" has calmed down.

Content now seems to be primarily fantasizing about "what a witness" it will be, not only to the Russkies, but to all the local post offices who will wonder about why so many letters to Russia suddenly. Not to mention wondering about media coverage about "All those Russian letters"

Poor, sad, delusional idiots.

Local post offices will see daily mail volume increase by about 0.1 to 0.5% - no big whoop, probably not even faintly noticeable.

Media? Please. If it's not about Trump, or sex, (or Trump and sex ), who cares?

Letters to be opened by low-level Russian bureaucrat who will likely "file" them as he sees fit, i.e., the paper shredder, once he figures out the poor spelling & grammar and sees they are of no importance to anyone.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

WELCOME TO RUSSIA

Activities that are BANNED.

1) Theft

2) Murder

3) Running a confidence scheme involving the use of religion to convince people to sign over their worldly goods and then refuse medical treatment causing DEATH.

4) Child molestation and the conspiracy to cover it up..

5) Using religion to manipulate persons with false information.

6) Strong arming your neighbours with the use of religion to shun whistleblowers including family members.

7) Self aggrandizement.

8) Uttering false prophecy to aid in a confidence scheme.

9) Slander of the Devine.

10) Public lying.

• wifibandit
  • waton
    waton

Campaigns by the pre-1919 faithful slaving ones, Peter Paul and Mary, were limited to praying for the [satanic] governments, (not bodies) . the purpose of these apostolic intercessions were to give peace to the brotherhood. WT Letter campaigns, often with implicit threats***, were always counterproductive, resulting in more hardships for the sisters. so, this again is to provoke the wrath of the powers to be, and damn the rank & file. may be WT real estate interests are threatened in Russia? remember Magdeburg.

*** Wt boasts about their predictions coming true about Hitler's demise, an easy prediction, giving the Allie's fire power

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Daniel 11

watchtower = King of the South

Putin = King of the North

11 “And the king of the south will become bitter and will go out and fight with him, that is, with the king of the north; and he will muster a large crowd, but the crowd will be given into that one’s hand. 12 And the crowd will be carried away. His heart will become exalted, and he will cause tens of thousands to fall; but he will not make use of his strong position.13 “And the king of the north will return and muster a crowd larger than the first; and at the end of the times, after some years, he will surely come with a large army and with many resources. 14 In those times many will stand up against the king of the south. “And the violent ones* among your people will be carried along to try making a vision come true; but they will stumble.15 “And the king of the north will come and throw up a siege rampart and capture a fortified city. And the arms* of the south will not stand, nor will his select men; and they will have no power to stand.

• waton
    waton
    watchtower = King of the South Daniel 11-12:

seemingly heading southward at least.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

More on this...

i just picked my little girl up from her mum. She was having dinner in a restraunt with other JWs. I finished work early and walked right in and up to their table. They began to have pretend conversations or got their phones out to text (how rude!)

i asked my ex has it been announced about the letter campaign to Russia? She said no but she asked her dad (elder) and he told her it will be announced soon and how did she know?

I then asked the whole table "have you all written you letters to Mr Putin yet?" - No reply. Eyes down.

My ex said is isn't sure wether she will do it. Because it sounds like, in her own words, "a strange request".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit