Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses launches worldwide campaign againt Russia

by jwleaks 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Why don't they just pray to Jehovah to sort it out? Huh?

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The. visiting C.O. said in his talk that anyone who is not a witness is an enemy of god! Gee I wonder where they get the idea that we are an extremist organization!

• carla
    carla

I wonder how many will write saying it is a good idea to ban this family destroying, pedophile protecting ungodly cult?

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Why don't they use their links with Trumps right hand man, Jared Kushner.

After all apparently the Russians are very friendly with Trump if you believe the media.

He he.

• wozza
    wozza

Was'nt it Gamaliel who pointed out taking physical action could actually be seen as taking opposition to god,

In a similar way could the watchtower be encouraging JW.s to take action when it actually might be what god wants?

Idiots

• never a jw
    never a jw

smiddy - I dont believe JW`s should be banned in Russia.

Agree, but it's about time that governments step in and set restrictions on the power of dangerous cult leaders. If they want to practice and spread their religions feel free, but no murdering of innocent children by denying them life saving procedures, or mentally torturing ex-members by shunning them, or telling gay people that God hates their behavior and consequently causing mental distress that pushes them to the brink of suicide.

I am a libertarian, but I wish sometimes that ex-JW's sued the org for all the mental distress that it causes to them and make it pay for all the therapy sessions and the legal costs involved. Same for other similar cults.

• zeb
    zeb

Then the gb could see the Russian jw repatriated out of Russia to America or safe lands, like they did the jw under Hitler... er hang on they didn't did they. The return on one building sale would set up all the Russian jw's with housing medical care and a car easily.

This letter writing thing reminds me of the letter writing that was done for the bros in the African state of Malawi when the leader was persecuting them for not carrying a party card. But as the gb said later those bros chose themselves not to carry the card which was an ID card. My guess it will backfire and the gb will be safe and snug in their new palace far removed from any strife in Russia.

In Russia right now I would be dumping all the wt books and growing a beard.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm sure the thought of receiving letters in the mail is a concept so terrifying to the Kremlin that they will immediately rescind the ban and provide free tulips and Skittles to every JW in Russia.

If the letter-writing somehow doesn't work, perhaps JWs will be encouraged to send videos of themselves scowling and shaking their fingers to Putin's Whatsapp account.

Idiots.

I can only assume there are other interests at play here?

Of course, it's right in the press release. It's the number one reason listed why this is such an atrocity:

The branch property, as well as places of worship used by Witnesses throughout the country, could be seized by the State.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I do not agree with banning religion, not for one bit. However, I am disappointed to see that most news reports do not even say WHY the Russians consider them "Extremists". Who, in their right mind, would fight for the JW's right to shun their close immediate family? Numbers don't lie: For every 7 witnesses, there is a disfellowshiped one. The Russian's accusation that they break up families is not false or vindictive. It is based on demonstrable evidence.

Unfortunately, the Russians are not focusing on one teaching alone, they have also included in their reasons that JW believe that they alone have the truth and that other religions are false. Obviously, the JWs will focus primarily on that second statement and push others to see that statement alone.

Despite what is happening with Russia, I still believe it would be possible for a democratic country to deem the teaching of shunning as a hate speech and thus, section people (religious leaders) for that teaching alone.

Take away shunning and JWs loose their abusive power. Without shunning, with time, they will become mainstream and will let go of their most controversial teachings.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

No shunning no control....

JW's are always being banned somewhere....that's their badge of honor...maybe if they just went around and preached instead of trying to convince and let people make up their own minds, maybe Russia would leave them alone....but to say they are the true religion....that's a little too presumptuous...oh, wasn't that this past weeks Sunday WT....

The WT society reminds me of that movie with Gloria Swanson, a faded star but didn't realize she was faded....so the org. is still waiting for their close up that they will never get again in life anymore....If the Russians tell of what the witnesses do, not political wise but just in-house....it may be hard for the public to see it as persecution....and it will be hard for the friends to deny that is how the org. operates...this could open a can of worms that we may not see as an opportunity to expose the org...but you never know...

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit