Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses launches worldwide campaign againt Russia

by jwleaks 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I remember the letter writing campaign in the 1980s...Malawi?

While I do not want JWs in Russia to be harmed...I am not surprised the religion is being banned there. I wish it was banned here in the U.S....It is nothing but a worthless parasite.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

i hope the russian gov't close down every jw hall, branch office and out laws the wts . like the united states should have in 1917 when the jailed RutherFraud and killed off the Rotten wts if the U,S, would have shut down the wts in 1918 none of us on jwd would be here todaY TO CRY HOW THE WTS SCREWED UP OUR LIVES... more power to russia to stop the wts

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

WHY does the WT leadership not visit the Russia government? Why using a non effective paper protest?

WT has lobby people in DC. Let them contact the Russian embassy and negotiate. Do consessions.

Save your followers from this all and not your property.

Maybe both parties are strategic better of with this conflict.

G.

• menrov
    menrov
    The instructions include this: You are writing to the official to request his intervention

This sounds like they have more faith in "the armies of the Assyrians or Egypt" instead of their God.

Also, it is becoming more clear that the 7 angels in NY are no longer attached to the congregations. They cannot act as the WBTS as they have said that they do not control the WBTS.

To use your own name or even company name, is a rather tricky thing to do. Actually, very peculiar asking the members to write a letter without showing what the 7 angels have written themselves. My gut feeling: they themselves will not write. And it is not 8 million. Many of them are children, illiterate or over 65/70 who might have difficulties to use internet. In the end, I expect only a few thousand letters.

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Got the best idea ever, you know when you go to the card store and they have those big cards that has enough room for many people to sign....The org. can have every congregation do that...I think that's better don't you...

Another idea, witnesses love to go where the need is greater....why not have an all out campaign for that....those who want to support our brothers and sisters, sign up....or maybe they could get them witnesses the heck out of there and find them a place to live...well if any of them will go...some like the idea of persecution... and how in the heck did JW's get started in Russia in the first place...Russia is a fighting country....they love un-rest...when they ain't fighting they really don't know what to do with themselves if they are not in conflict....They love, like us to be the world threat....

Don't think many are going to write....don't want to be traced back to them....they ain't ready to die, no matter what they say....

I have a Russian friend and they say, it's ok to have your religion but we don't like when you push it down our throats....let us choose...I think it's more about $$$, than anything else...

In the end it's never about a cause it's always about the money....maybe JW's don't support the gov't in Russia but take advantage of all the benefits...just like they do here in the USA....maybe they are a burden on their society...

JW's have the arrogance that everyone should be like them...I'm no witch, but little by little the org. is being exposed....everything is leaking out...the friends only mention what don't get them in trouble...this Russian thing is to side track the ARC....slight of hand if you will... The friends know about the ARC and other secrets, many of us talk outside of certain ears, and they know that the org. is begging for money, they notice that there are less and less baptism and they are now starting to see that the Brothers are just men...they are not the special men that the org. says they are....the smoke and mirrors are all gone...I'm a witness...so many will not talk about it but they know....just watch the body language...especially with this new book God's kingdom Rules...not too many comments...the friends are starting to ask themselves...but won't say, so who fed us before 1919? Just wait until the WT comes out that says they are not inspired nor infallible....won't be too many comments but the ones who try to make sense of this statement....and the rest of us will say, so how do you feed us? You don't even know if it's true yourselves...this will be very interesting...also to see what they say on FB.

Tor

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Hi tor,

Got the best idea ever, you know when you go to the card store and they have those big cards that has enough room for many people to sign....The org. can have every congregation do that...I think that's better don't you...

Buying a card and getting everyone sign on it is not the best way to show support for a cause. Anyone can buy a big card and sign with all sorts of different styles to show support. Writing and sending individual letters shows effort- even if they are copy-paste- at least you had to pay the postage for each letter.

In the end it's never about a cause it's always about the money....maybe JW's don't support the gov't in Russia but take advantage of all the benefits...just like they do here in the USA....maybe they are a burden on their society...

What exactly do you mean by supporting the govt? There are heck load of people in Russia (hundred times the number of JW's) who don't pay taxes, don't vote and thus are a burden to the society.

I think it's more about $$$, than anything else...
    No need for anyone to speculate about this. Its obvious in their press release on jw.org where they say that they are going to lose their kingdom halls and their administrative office. Banning adherents from meeting together and confiscating properties have never worked and will not work. At least for JW's.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

jwleaks,

you mentioned: Joseph Rutherford, president of Watchtower and leader of the JWs, organized a letter writing campaign against Hitler which, more or less, personally threatened him. Interestingly Rutherford died first, in 1942, and Hitler died in 1945.

Not supporting JW's, but since you made a comparison with Hitler- More interestingly, Rutherford died in 1942, but left behind his idea and product-JW's which are numbering into millions (both in membership and $$). On the other side, in 1945, Hitler killed himself, his ideology and his Nazi party - into oblivion.

• sir82
    sir82

Seems Jehovah's purpose is going backwards? After giving Him the credit for "freeing" the brothers from ban in the 80's, are we now to conclude it is his purpose to let them go back underground? After "opening up" the work, he is now closing it again? He sure is contrary!

LOL.

Just waiting for some JWs to start in on how Jehovah must be refining the brothers, there must be some problem going on in Russia, and just as Jehovah used the Babylonians and the Assyrians to discipline his people, today he is using the Russians....

A really cynical JW would intimate something about "see what happens when you don't contribute to the org.?"

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

sir82, regarding your comment:

Just waiting for some JWs to start in on how Jehovah must be refining the brothers, there must be some problem going on in Russia, and just as Jehovah used the Babylonians and the Assyrians to discipline his people, today he is using the Russians....

This thinking is now old light. The WT recently dunked this thought in the Nov 2016 Watchtower article:

"In the past, we said that God’s people did not have his favor during World War I because they did not preach with zeal. For this reason, we believed that Jehovah had allowed Babylon the Great to take them captive for a short time. However, faithful brothers and sisters who served God between 1914 and 1918 later explained that as a group, they did everything they could to keep preaching. A better understanding of what happened to the Bible Students during that time helps us to understand certain events recorded in the Bible"
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402016844?q=1918&p=par

• blondie
    blondie

I remember this back when I was in my early 20's regarding Malawi. The BOE opened up the kingdom hall for group letter writing. I saw jws there that never went door to door willing to help people they didn't know and had no time to help jws in their own congregation.

My budget was tight and I had no money for stamps so I went door to door by myself. Best field service companion I ever had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit