Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses launches worldwide campaign againt Russia

by jwleaks 80 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Haha! I have a feeling that a letter writing campaign isn't going to go over well with Russia.

What a stupid response - to actually do exactly what it is that Russia is pissed off about - evangelism.

When they write their letters, maybe the JWs should try to defend their suicide pacts with the WTS:

(from a 2010 article)

A Russian newspaper reports that the community opposition to blood transfusions has killed 18 people, including eight children. Two investigations opened in Kogalym and Moscow.
    Moscow (AsiaNews) - The refusal of blood transfusions by Jehovah's Witnesses has killed 18 people, including eight children. This is the accusation against the religious community, for years the object of persecution and discrimination in Russia, that appeared on the pages of Komsomolskaya Pravda. The newspaper, the most widely read in the Federation, tells the story of of these deaths. According to the newspaper, the authorities have already opened investigations into the death of two children: one in Kogalym the other in Moscow.

If the WTS wants their religion to not be considered an "extremist" organization, they need to stop asking their members to engage in extreme behavior. Committing suicide, in the face of medical doctors who hold a life saving measure in their hands, is not the behavior of sane and rational people. It is extreme behavior that costs real lives and impacts everybody around them.

Freedom of religion is one thing...but the freedom to do what you want by disregarding the laws of the country you are in is quite another. Claiming religious freedom does not give you the right to infringe on other peoples' freedom from religion. Going around telling other people that their religion or way of life is wrong and God only loves JWs is a divisive action, not a unifying one.

I think Russia has a long memory and they aren't ready to forgive the WTS for the campaign they have launched against the "King of the North" in the past. A letter writing campaign mounted by evangelizers is the last thing that will work in this situation. The only thing it is going to do is give JWs an opportunity to fill in their time cards so that the WTS gets their US tax break for engaging in "charitable"/letter writing activity.

And, with the help of all those people in the Western media, the GB can divert attention from all the crap they are trying to pull off everywhere else concerning their keeping child abuse secret.

I think that the GB is welcoming the Russia controversy - get the world to point fingers at Russia and maybe people will ignore what is coming out of Australia and elsewhere about child abuse.

• blondie
    blondie

"Against Russia" now that is a good PR move. Anger all the Russian people or the government who has control over their laws.

Now there is a good example of Neutrality....not

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

So what's up with Gods Powerful Holy Spirit?

It's not up to the task? A few letters from JWs in the USA are gonna motivate the Kremlin to play nice?

I seem to remember an assembly a few years ago Expounding the Power of doG when it came to "Landmark" court victories with the Human Rights Court.

Did his holy spirit have an expiration date?

Our doG is a Weak doG - I guess.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    blondie: Now there is a good example of Neutrality....not

Exactly. For all the bluster and assertions that "we are politically neutral", their actions say otherwise.

"Politically neutral" would mean that not only will they not stand with the government, they also don't stand in opposition to the government. And yet JWs in Russia, and everywhere else, go around telling everyone that "government is bad" and that world domination is going to be achieved by following the direction of a bunch of guys in New York. A bunch of guys that their followers think are going to become world rulers with Christ.

How is that not political? To actually claim that it is your religion that will dominate the world is political. The WTS claims to be a religion at the same time that they behave like a political movement.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder what the WTS has to lose financially if the government takes over their properties.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I am sure that the Russians remember this at the height of the cold war:

Observers everywhere will be interested to learn that God's Word foretells a coming all-out attack by the Soviet planners against the servants of Jehovah. (Dan. 11: 44, 45) This aggression by the Communist world-grabbers constitutes grounds for Almighty God's predicted destruction of international communism, "and there will be no helper for him." Designers of the Soviet master plan will learn the hard way: "Many are the plans in the heart of a man, but the counsel of Jehovah 'is what will stand."-Prov.19:21.

AWAKE SEPTEMBER 8, 1960

http://ia601406.us.archive.org/23/items/WatchtowerLibrary/magazines/g/g1960_E.pdf

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Not good.It might actually anger Putin even more.The rank and file members in Russia will have to bear the brunt.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses launches worldwide campaign against Russia

What a stupid response - to actually do exactly what it is that Russia is pissed off about - evangelism....Orphan Crow

You`re Just In Time..

WE THOUGHT OF SOMETHING REALLY STUPID!

Image result for watchtower governing body

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

JW's are seen as a foreign (american) religion, and they are put in the same basket as foreign NGO's. receiving 1000's of letters from abroad, will only confirm the Russian viewpoint

• sir82
    sir82

The dingleberries over on JWTalk are going absolutely ape-$#!+ bonkers over this.

One of the primary topics of conversation: Should the letter start with "Dear Mr. Putin" or "Esteemed Mr. Putin" or maybe just plain ol' "Mr. Putin" or....

Good god, I feel my IQ draining just thinking about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit