Disfellowshipped for Fornication

by TxNVSue2023 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Walter
    Walter

You wrote:

"But there was no reason to come forward with it. The matter was resolved when we married."

If you said similar things to JC, it is clear that they had to disfellowship you due to lack of repentance. Marriage did just mean that you stopped committing sins, but marriage did not mean that the matter was resolved.

Just as an example: Someone goes to supermarket and commits shoplifting. The next day, again he goes to supermarket and commits shoplifting. The day after, again, he goes to supermarket and commits shoplifting. On the fourth day, he goes to supermarket and buys some goods regularly, without shoplifting. Does this really mean that now, on day 4, he has resolved his previous crimes? No, he just stopped sinning. But repentance would bring him to confess his previous sins.

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I didn't know all of that. I'm from the world, never been in trouble with the elders before, no one to warn me or explained how things work. They did not tell me when the JC was formed that I could get df'd for a sin that I had abandoned and already repentant to Jehovah for. Nobody knew about it unless my ex husband was telling people because he was trying to ruin my good standing to deflect from the fact they he had been committing adultery from day 1 of our marriage..

I guess I can't wrap my head around the need to confess something that has already been resolved. I wasn't aware that repentance had to involve the elders because I had already repented on my own. If we had decided NOT to, I would have voluntarily went to the elders then because those are different circumstances.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Sue, the whole set up of the judicial committee is unscriptual. They twist the scriptures. Show me in the Bible where you are to called before 3 men and spill your guts. This is high control. This having to beg to be let back in is unscriptual as well. If God has forgiven you, why do you have to be judged as fit or unfit by a group of egotists? In the parable of the prodigal, he father saw him away off and welcomed him. The son didn't have to beg and plea to the father. Please do your research before you continue with your reinstatement. You have been duped. There isn't a faithful and discreet slave of 9 men...they made all of it up. Jesus didn't return in 1914 and approve them in 1919...Why would he...they were preaching the pyramid was a pillar of witness. They were teaching Micheal was the Pope. The date they use for the fall of Jerusalem to get to the year of 1914 in historically incorrect. The problem with the rank and file JW is they are believing whatever is printed by JW organization, instead of making sure of all things and hold onto what is fine. There is a lot of truthful information out there about the JW...Books, webpages, youtube, etc. If what you believe to be true is really true , it will withstand looking at these sources. Do you think I come on a bit strong? I hate injustice and lies. I hate knowing I was gullble for 50 years and because of the so called :truth", I made bad decisions...Decisions that left me homeless and at other's mercy. ( now if you really want to know about the reinstatement process, you can google and find Shepard the Flock of God book online ( the elder's guide book,) The witenesses who studies with you , they aren't going to tell you what you are getting into...that is why you were so blindsided. ( some of them don't know because they toe the line so they won't get in trouble.

• Dagney
    Dagney
    I guess I can't wrap my head around the need to confess something that has already been resolved. I wasn't aware that repentance had to involve the elders because I had already repented on my own.

What makes sense and sounds reasonable without the dogma of the JW religion makes no difference to the elders and organization. Every sin must be punished, they are all about punishing. You might have thought "hey I've been through a really difficult time and made some mistakes," and the elders would be there for some guidance and shepherding. That's not how it works. Punish first, and if they feel there is enough remorse, then they let you back in. Then if you perform well enough for a period of time under their observation, then maybe some shepherding.

They can df you without wrongdoing. They can df you for not showing up to a meeting. They can df you for anything they want. I'm not exaggerating. There are hundreds of examples on the internet. Google it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

It was then that my ex told the elders of our premaital relationship.

Not having read comments yet I will put in my "two cents" worth. Elders, like police, are NOT your friends when it comes to confessing sins. It is too late now for you buy the wisest course is to keep silent. The best you could have done was to tell the elders that HE was only accusing you as a means of retaliation, then quit talking. You would not have been lying. That is the only real reason he said anything about it. He was only interested in taking you down with him. They would have had no second witness. It was your confession that counted as the second witness to his accusation.

Now though you have the chance to get away from those oh so loving wolves. RUN!

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Because a religion has some truth, does not mean they are the truth. You will find more genuine love at home than you will at the hall.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    I didn't know all of that. I'm from the world....
    I wasn't aware that repentance had to involve the elders because I had already repented on my own

Hi Sue, you said that you have been a baptized witness for over 20 years. How could you not know about all these things? In JW's repentance for major sins like immorality always involves elders. That's the basic statement mentioned in the OD book:

"Some serious offenses, such as sexual immorality, adultery, homosexuality, blasphemy, apostasy, idolatry, and similar gross sins, require more than forgiveness. Because the spiritual and moral cleanness of the congregation are threatened, such serious sins must be reported to the elders and handled by them. Some individuals may approach the elders either to confess their own sin or to report what they know regarding the wrongdoing of others.If it is established that there is substance to the report and that evidence is available showing that a serious sin has been committed, the body of elders will assign a judicial committee of at least three elders to handle the matter."

I guess I can't wrap my head around the need to confess something that has already been resolved.

I am not sure about your reasoning. In the JW world marriage does not resolve your pre-marital sex. I hope you did'nt say this to your JC.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome sue

,Before you commit yourself to any thought of re-instatement you need to realise that the JW religion is no more than an American man made religion that was thought up by a man who had no theology training whatsoever late 1800`s early 1900`s.

And is just a cult religion ,do yourself a favour and learn more about their background and continual failed prophecy`s they have made in their brief history.

I too was a convert and should have had someone tell me that when I was twenty years old and didn`t wake up till 37 years later . Don`t make the same mistake many of us made in the past and waste the rest of your life serving men and not GOD .

Take care smiddy3

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    And as mentioned, the cards are usually stacked against women in JC meetings.

and that is all you need to know.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

You are not dedicated to Jehovah, Jesus alone, you equally dedicated yourself to the religious organization called Watchtower and the numerous policies used in running the corporation. So when you seek repentance and forgiveness from Jehovah and Jesus, you will equally go and bow down to them to forgive you to live according to your dedication. Hope the message is clear Sue. Stop worrying here and there about their actions. On the outside they look like sheep, on the inside when you have eventually agreed to dedicate yourself to them they are wolves. They won't treat you kindly when you cross those policies codenamed keeping the congregation clean. You have to follow their dictate just like people do in the numerous organisations out there they work or you get thrown out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit