Disfellowshipped for Fornication

by TxNVSue2023 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Before you apply for reinstatement, you would do well to investigate the history of the organization to determine whether it is really "the truth" and "Jehovah's organization" as it claims.

I suspect you have some doubts about that or you wouldn't have posted on this forum, but maybe I'm wrong about that...

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I had another thought for you Sue...read the Bible...not along with JW pubications. They tell you you can't learn the truth without them, but the Bible says it makes one competant for every good work. Try to take off the JW filters and read what the Bible says. I will give you an example-the JW teach baptism is a symbol of your dedication to Jehovah...where is that statement in the Bible? Acts 2:38 says:....repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS.......You can not only keep your relationship with Jehovah and his Son, but strengthen it if you read the Bible without JW programming what you are supposed to believe when you read a particular verse.

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I moved ti a new city/state after the divorce. I don't know a single person. I've been attending meetings in this new congregation ( where I know nobody( for months now. I applied for reinstatement less than a week ago. I'll see what happens (it has ti go through the old congregation). If reinstatement is approved will people still avoid & exclude/gossip about me?

What happens after reinstatement?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough
    Think about what you observed as to what happened when people are reinstated. I think they will welcome you, but keep in the back of their mind that you aren't very spiritual or you would never have been df to begin with.
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Things to consider

The watchtower does not have a relationship with jehovah

Many churches have good or better people

Committees are inconsistent in fairness, everything from caring to harsh.

The original elders may have wondered in the back if their minds how they could get some themselves.

With no family in maybe just move on

If you are not a dedicated worker for the borg you will always be in the fringe

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Hello Sue and welcome!

Even if you are reinstated, you will still have the stigma of being a divorced, single sister. I was born and raised in this organization. I understand the mindset. The worst person you can be in this organization is a divorced, single sister.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

After reinstatement, you are considered a member of the congregation again, and the brothers and sisters will greet you and talk to you again, and you can take part in meetings (giving answers, doing demonstrations, etc) and field service.

As for gossip, that depends on the people, not your situation.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

If you really want to be reinstated Sue it will happen - you may need to be patient.

When I was pioneering I studied with a young lad.

He married an elders daughter and became an elder himself in his thirties.

After about ten years of marriage he and his wife confessed to premarital sex just once before they got married.

He was asked to step down as an elder and they received a private reproof.

A few short years later he was made an elder again.

A few years after that he was made the presiding overseer/coordinator of the elder body - he still is many years later.

So there is definitely a way back if you want it - I just wouldn't hold much hope for confidentiality as the guy I studied with would surely die if he realised EVERYBODY knows all his private business....

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was told by an elder before going into a meeting with elders, not a JC, "you win no battles with elders." And as mentioned, the cards are usually stacked against women in JC meetings.

There are many options for meeting people in a new city. Meetup offers tons of options. The local congregation would be very limiting, especially if you are df'd. It sounds like you wish to remain a JW, what TonusOH said above is what to expect, your mileage may vary.

This is a perfect opportunity to start new. The marriage was short and no children. These feelings and issues you are having about how the elders treated you will most likely not go away. I recommend seeking counseling with a qualified therapist with experience in high control groups before making any life changing decisions.

Best of luck to you.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TXNVSUE2023:

Welcome to the forum. I agree with a lot of the posts here.

With regard to somebody ‘committing immorality’ before marriage and then confessing later, you are not the first. I’m sure there were others that I suspected but they didn’t get disfellowshipped. I think it all has to do with the body of elders. This is unfair to you. I also believe it’s ridiculous since you did get married.

Nobody can stop you if you want to go back, but what others have said is true: they will have a bias against you. Sadly, because there is No confidentiality in the JW religion, some people in the congregation will know all about your intimate personal business!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit