Disfellowshipped for Fornication

by TxNVSue2023 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

Ding,

I not sure that it is a DFing offense to post on a 'Jehovahs-Witness' forum.

• Ding
    Ding

A Watcher,

Have you gone to your elders, told them you are posting here, and asked them if that's a DFing offense?

If you haven't, are you willing to do so?

If not, why not?

• a watcher
    a watcher

Ding,

Of course not. Why should I go looking for trouble? It doesn't bother my conscience to be here and no one on Earth is the master over my faith.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

a watcher, if you think no one is master over your faith, go and tell the elders you have doubts that Jesus appointed the GB in 1919

• Ding
    Ding

A Watcher,

I guess we have different definitions of PIMI.

Do the WT authorities (GB, CO, elders) consider whether or not to post here to be a conscience matter?

Wouldn't that be important for a PIMI Jehovah's Witness to know?

Why would you consider seeking their opinion to be "looking for trouble" unless you believe there is a good chance that they would disapprove of what you are doing?

If you truly believe that the elders have been appointed by holy spirit to be spiritual shepherds over the flock, why wouldn't you be willing to submit the question to them and humbly submit to whatever they direct?

Isn't that what a PIMI Jehovah's Witness would do?

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

There is no such thing as a "Disfellowshipping offense".

People aren't disfellowshipped for 'offenses'.

They get that from 1 Cor 6:9,10 but Paul got those things from Israel's history, such as Sodom and Gomorrah. But were the homos within those cities destroyed because of their offenses? Or because they didn't flee for their safety?

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Dear Sue, welcolme to the forum, first and foremost you do not have to make any hasty decisions, now is the time to take a deep breath and a bit of a stock take of your position in life.

There is a lot of good advice to be had in this thread and forum in general, I recommend that you dig deep.

All of us here bare similar emotional scare tissue and many have been through similar issues, there is plenty of first hand experience here.

I would strongly recommend that you have a good look at the JWfacts web site before you invest heavily in getting back into a high control group where you will likely be seen as "damaged goods" by many.

Being a convert (like me) you have a huge advantage over many in that it will be relatively easy for you to make new friends with normal people, Think of this event as a new opportunity in life.

All the best.

RB

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Rattigan

There is no such thing as a "Disfellowshipping offense".

Wouldn't persistent celebrating your children's birthdays be considered a disfellowshipping offense?

• Ding
    Ding

By "disfellowshipping offense," I mean "conduct for which a JW can be disfellowshipped according to Watchtower organization rules."

• Blotty
    Blotty

@Vandihoven

To my knowledge it is looked down upon, but is not bad enough to be disfellowshipped - take this with a grain of salt if you like, I know witnesses who do celebrate birthdays (for reasons I'm not aware of.) and are still in good standing and active in "the work"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit