Disfellowshipped for Fornication

by TxNVSue2023 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

With all due respect maybe sue is not all that bright or just cherry picks what advice she will take notice of in these posts.

There are plenty of warnings about getting involved with the JW/WT religion and that she should do more research into their background which she seems to ignore.

Maybe she just likes to get her ears tickled with fantasies.

Apparently she doesn`t want facts to get in the way of her delusions about JW`s being the true religion.

What say you sue ? Be as forthright and blunt as you like sue I`m mature enough to take it !

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

There are two major reasons why I don't know the interworkngs of the org. 1. Is I was a divorced single mom from the world when I came in in my mid20s and I never really had close friends the whole time. I was always busy doing my own thing - working full-time and raising kids - didn't socialize much. The second reason is that at about 10 years in I faded out for awhile and became inactive. Went back to being ' worldly ' - this phase of life lasted about 7 or 8 years. Then I came back into in about 2 years ago

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Now you are getting insight into the interworkings and you want to go back...I wish there had been a group I could have asked years ago before I spent 50 years spreading lies for the orgainization.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

@ Rattigan350

You need to consult your manuals and stop defending those who deem themselves to be apostles of which they are not.

If a publisher in the congregation is known to have unnecessary association with disfellowshipped or disassociated relatives who are not in the household, elders should use the Scriptures to counsel and reason with him. Review with him information from the Remain in God’s Love book, page 241. If it is clear that a Christian is violating the spirit of the disfellowshipping decree in this regard and does not respond to counsel,he would not qualify for congregation privileges, which require one to be exemplary. He would not be dealt with judicially unless there is persistent spiritual association or he persists in openly criticizing the disfellowshipping decision.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

TxNVSue2023

Thank you for your response sue ,I understand better now.But please don`t fall back into the trap of trying to get re-instated again ,

look into JWFacts b4 you make that fateful decision.I

was a convert at 20 years old convinced my then GF to become one also and her sister and a nephew of ours ,married my then GF in a KH a year later ,brought up 2 boys in da troof ,37 years later we were all out ,Thank god ,no he/she had nothing to do with it.It was because of some little niggling points that didn`t seem to gel and then doing my own research on the internet that clinched the deal.JW/WT is a man made American religion that is nothing more or less than a cult religion

.Don`t minimize all of their failed prophecy`s / predictions ,and there are many over the years ,which proves they do not have God`s spirit backing them.Unless you think GOD doesn`t know what he is talking about.

Take care

, I wish you well.smiddy3

• jhine
    jhine

I've not read all of the comments so apologies if l repeat something already said.

I have never been a JW l am a member of the Church of England , which is Anglican . I came onto this forum many years ago to learn more about Watchtower. Org .

I had spoken at length to JWs who knocked my door , something which l expect surprised and dismayed them in equal measure . Dismayed because l did often find fault in some of their scriptural reasoning .

I have learned so much from this forum. Not least the JW propensity to lie ( Theocratic Warfare) to gloss over the true nature of much of their teaching to unsuspecting possible members.

I have actually caught JWs out in lies when they didn't realise that l knew better than what l was being told.

That alone should put anyone off from being part of an organisation that needs to lie to get members.

Did you have a Christian faith before joining the Watchtower ? If so maybe do some independent research ( something that the Watchtower actively discourages!! ) and look at options . I would say don't rush into anything, definitely not trying for reinstatement, until you have more knowledge and facts at your disposal.

Jan from Tam.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

People are not disfellowshipped for offenses. Any of those such offenses are sins deserving of death with is no different than the sin we are born with.

People are disfellowshipped for not adhering to Christian principles of repentance towards any sin.

And celebrating birthdays is just plain worldly.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

And celebrating wedding anniversaries is just plain worldly.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

Sorry to deviate from the OP. But, it’s very true what you say about the ‘propensity of JWs to lie and gloss over the true nature of much of their teachings’ to potential members.

I can truly say this happened to me! And I probably never would have gotten involved if I knew the truth about it all.. I could have saved myself anguish.. Twenty+ years later I pulled myself out of this trap by ‘Fading’.. I’m just grateful I wasn’t totally ruined by my experience with the Witnesses .. I came out of it with some OCD. But, at least I kept my job until retirement.. Maybe I should thank my non-Witness upbringing(?)

But, what does all this say about the JW religion, in general, that they cannot be honest about anything??

• jhine
    jhine

Yes , it's so sad that they feel that they can hoodwink people into joining .

Jan from Tam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit