Disfellowshipped for Fornication

by TxNVSue2023 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What does that say about those that do that ?

And if some here can give some examples of those lies told ,it could be very helpful for those who are not aware that this happens.

• jhine
    jhine

From this site l became aware that the Watchtower that is sold to the public is very different to the study Watchtower. I also found out about Theocratic Warfare so l tested it out.

I was talking to two JW ladies many years ago and , pointing to the Watchtower one of them was holding, asked " so this is what you use in your meetings at the Kingdom Hall ? "

The older lady immediately answered yes . The other lady must have seen my face and quickly said " no the one we use to study is different "

It was only because l obviously knew differently that l got the truth.

One incident that was upsetting was while talking to another JW at my door l mentioned this and quoted the Scripture about Satan being the father of all lies and asked how she felt about that. She literally ran from my door crying. I had obviously touched a nerve and l suppose cognitive dissonance came into play .

She knew l was correct, she couldn't deny the Scripture but couldn't face that the Org. could be wrong .

Sue if you are reading this that is brainwashing at it's best.

Jan from Tam.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you Jan for that ., very interesting.

Any more ?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Jhine: From this site l became aware that the Watchtower that is sold to the public is very different to the study Watchtower.

Could that be a (relatively) recent change? When I was in, the WT was one magazine. The one offered to people in field service was the one we used for the study. But I would be talking about the late 90s, since I started to fade around 1996/7. I didn't realize that they had introduced a different version for the study.

Until last year, I didn't realize they had been producing fewer new magazines, either. I can't say I regret losing touch with them.

• jhine
    jhine

Tonus I thought that there were always two different Watchtowers . Comments on here puzzled me so l asked the question and was told that the study one is different from the less controversial public issue .

Jan from Tam

• jhine
    jhine

I've just checked and l joined roughly 11 years ago so , yes , it would be after you left .

Jan from Tam

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

This topic reminds me that the elders are like the high sparrow and the others who hear accusations and then accuse and try to get that one to CONFESS and then try the person, all the while telling the person it is the God's that are knowing and seeing and directing.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I think you should asked the elders if they had sex before marriage!

I bet the entire congregation had premartial sex.

Do you understand that most people who confess are actually more honest than the elders who never confessed!

Also, just because someone becomes a JW does that mean their past fornication is wiped away!

My favorite just get married then your sins as a JW are minor at most private reproof.

You got it because you told on your exhusband.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit