The Next Big Thing In WT World

by NotFormer 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia", and "the WT never said anything about 607", will be the new refrain when it changes.

O'Brien, please do write down your anecdotes and share them with us! 🙏

• Elena
    Elena
    It used to be that survival of Armageddon was difficult and this was used as means of control to obey us, the same way eternal torment in hell was used to control people in churches. I remember older ones using this threat to get younger ones to obey.

Now though they say we don’t know who will survive and you could have a last minute change of heart when Armageddon starts. They also admit the Bible says there will be a resurrection of the unrighteousness. They also admit there is no point killing somebody unrighteous when if only they died just before they would have been resurrected. So basically even unrighteous ones will survive Armageddon now?

They say we don’t know can can’t be dogmatic but that is what they say. They admit it is stupid to wish someone unrighteous dies before the end. They are saying they don’t have to die before hand for the same chance of survival, this is what they are saying.

They want to have it both ways. Still keep the fear that you need to obey Jehovah (which means the GB) but they don’t want to give apostates the chance to say that JWs believe everyone will be slaughtered unless they are JW.

They can’t have it both ways so they just say we can’t be dogmatic we don’t know. But what they have been dogmatic about is that there will be a resurrection of unrighteous ones, and they said it’s wrong to hope unrighteous loved ones die before the end. So they are saying those unrighteous loved ones may survive after all they don’t have to die before the end comes?

It all boils down to the fact that this is a man made religion making things up as they go along. Even if they are correct in their interpretations you would still be wise to hold off until the great tribulation starts. But we all know that is not going to happen.
  • careful
    careful

Obrien: whatever you wish to share will likely be welcomed by someone here since the forum is pretty diverse.

TousOH: on the blood issue, I think you're right. I doubt that'd ever change that doctrine, however, so my question is really a fantasy.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Its a fantasy..

The blood doctrine being dropped. The Borg is forever bound to the hip of this doctrine. Its just one of those things they can ""NEHHHVERR" change.

Just like the 2 witnesses rule. We willl "NEHHHVERR" change our ""stance on this subject"".

Because if the above 2 things go,,,so does the Borg.

• blondie
    blondie

One thing I thought was a big change in the WTS blood doctrine was the approval (by individual conscience) of the hemoglobin-based products. bloodchart2004

Products being developed from human or animal hemoglobin could be used to treat patients with acute anemia or massive blood loss. KM 1/06 p.5 "Products being developed from human or animal hemoglobin could be used to treat patients with acute anemia or massive blood loss." Quote from https://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower-approves-hemopure

For Jehovah’s Witnesses who are evaluating these issues we would simply point out the kind of tortured logic the WTS is employing by taking the largest single component of blood from an animal (hemoglobin) and saying that a Christian may use it in good conscience while at the same time arguing that a tiny component of human blood like platelets are not permitted. This is certainly not something that can be substantiated with the Bible or even science for that matter. We believe the only reasonable position is to allow individual Jehovah’s Witnesses a free choice in their medical treatment." That link to ajwrb.com is an ex-jw site with good info on the WTS blood doctrine.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The Borg making it up and reinventing itself. As they go along.

We all know that the matter of "free choice" in the Borg is nothing but an 'illusion''

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

My mom (pimi), when I asked her about women wearing pants as the next thing, she claimed women could always wear pants if they wanted to, but that they just didn't want to! I said "well I wished I had known that growing up because I definitely would have!"

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They just didn't want to wear pants?

It's just like that video of some guy in India stating that a JW taking a blood transfusion or refusal one was a ''personal choice''.

UM, okay, right I'll buy that one.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

If 1914 is changed then what do you do about Jesus' kingship?

After Jehoiakim, there was no sovereign ruler on Jehovah's throne until the 7 times ended then Jesus takes the throne. The year number is not important. What is important is that he did it.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The next big thing in WT world:

I would have thought by now that WT might of done away with its mis-applying Proverbs 4:18...misusing this verse like a get out of jail pass in order to get out of the constant undesirable situation they find themselves in of getting things wrong & forever having to change JW doctrines and teachings.

I'm sure the topic of Proverbs 4:18 over the years has been on the table & up for discussion numerous times during their notorious weekly Wednesday Governing Body meetings. I'm also sure the GB have gotten their share of emails, phone calls, letters & the like to the effect:

"Y'all know that Proverbs 4:18 doesn't have anything to do with new religious, organizational doctrinal understanding or as you call it...New Light!"

Me thinks someday soon their gonna be forced to fess-up to the rank and file & tell them there's New Light on Proverbs 4:18!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit