The Next Big Thing In WT World

by NotFormer 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Obrien
    Obrien

Thanks Phizzy, yes Irish roots, mother born there but I wasn't raised there. I'll jump into some convos if something looks interesting.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

careful: would Witnesses flock to blood banks to donate?

I don't think they would. The prohibition against beards had the flimsy justification that brothers wouldn't take time to groom properly. But they built up the scare tactics around blood transfusions and I bet many JWs see transfusions as a terrifying and highly-dangerous risk to take. They would be less likely to want to give blood if they still see it as something bad.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

They simply have too much vested in 1914 to drop it altogether. (Though if they did, it would be very amusing watching ‘scholar’ bleat about how 607 was actually wrong all along.)

--

Only in your dreams. Such a change is highly improbable especially when WT critics cannot provide a single line of evidence that disproves 607 BCE!!!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
  • Duran
    Duran
    My money is on another change to 1914. This year felt like table-setting in preparation for it.

They have already shifted away just as recent as 1/21/24.

They used to say that WW1 in 1914 is when the horsemen started his ride to take peace away from the earth. Now they say that the Bible didn't mention any 'specific' war that we are seeing today but the warfare that is marking our time (recent events) is taking 'peace away from the earth' and will lead to world war. And that will lead to the GT, which will lead too and end with Armageddon.

Is World War Inevitable?—⁠What Does the Bible Say?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

It's all about the bucks $$$$$$$$. When I was at Bethel they knew what a Bethelite cost in allowance, daily food intake, and even electricity ( no window AC units for young Bethelites because of kilowatt costs). They would buy a machine if a machine cost less than x number of Bethelites.

So what changes would improve the bottom line?? $$$

1. Fewer lawsuits and government investigations. Get out of the Cop business. Limit liabilities. Have publishers report all crimes to authorities. Keep the window-washing elders out of the loop. Kinder treatment of under 18 "minors". Less physical abuse. Less baptism pressure. Kinder judicial treatment. More hands-off and distance on the blood issue and "apostasy" issues.

2. Increase publisher comfort at meetings to improve attendance, (and traffic past the donation box). Loosen attire "rules" Slacks for women—sport coats for speakers. Knorr insisted on "business attire". Business attire has changed over the years. Look at how women dress around the world now in business and politics.

3. Additional income generation. Tithing-lite? internet "use fees" to offset provider costs? I pay Microsoft $7 a month for software and the Times $4 a month for my newspaper.

4. Additional roles in the hall for women. Accounts? Talk schedules? Shepherding calls-light for the elderly and infirm? (it would generate income -donations and improve self-worth).

• joey jojo
    joey jojo
    scholar
    Jeffro
    They simply have too much vested in 1914 to drop it altogether. (Though if they did, it would be very amusing watching ‘scholar’ bleat about how 607 was actually wrong all along.)
    --
    Only in your dreams. Such a change is highly improbable especially when WT critics cannot provide a single line of evidence that disproves 607 BCE!!!
    scholar JW

I still say Scholar is trolling us.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"I still say Scholar is trolling us"

The bluster is cute. 🙄

• scholar
    scholar

joey jo

I still say Scholar is trolling us

--

You are mistaken for the said scholar is no troll.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Your website is simply a rehash of COJ's nonsense along with the same old tired misinterpretation of the bibllical evidence for 607 BCE and 1914 CE.

Further, your blogs on the website do not contain a single line of evidence that disproves 607 BCE. So, where is it?

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit