The Next Big Thing In WT World

by NotFormer 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Duran
    Duran
    Further, your blogs on the website do not contain a single line of evidence that disproves 607 BCE. So, where is it?

Who gives a rat's ass about your beloved WTS 607, I have just showed that they have thrown that all out with what they recently showed on their website.

Noticed NOTHING about WW1, 1914, BTG mentioned, instead they say that recent events are what are taking peace from the earth, and they will lead to world war and GT and Armageddon. They even admit the use of nuclear weapons being used.

I actually agree with them on that. This is the first time they are actually correct. But they are only correct this time because it is happening before all to see for themselves. It's not like they had the insight on this beforehand.

The point being though is that pointing to the recent events and a future world war and connecting Rev 6 to it, completely nullifies WW1/1914.

[KEEP ON THE WATCH!

Is World War Inevitable?—⁠What Does the Bible Say?

During the past 30 years, many people have felt that the international order was stable and even improving. However, that view is being challenged by recent events.

• “Israel, Hezbollah trade fire across Lebanon border amid alarm over Gaza war spillover.”—Reuters, January 6, 2024.
    • “With its proxies attacking from many vantage points and its nuclear program suddenly revived, Iran is posing a new challenge to the West—this time with Russia and China on its side.”—The New York Times, January 7, 2024.
    • “Russian strikes continue to wreak havoc across Ukraine.”—UN News, January 11, 2024.
    • “China’s rising economic and military heft, Taiwan’s burgeoning sense of national identity, and fractious relations between Beijing and Washington mean the conditions for a crisis are in place.”—The Japan Times, January 9, 2024.

Does the Bible say anything about the international instability that we are seeing today? Will it lead to world war?

The Bible foretold current events:

The Bible did not foretell any specific war that we are seeing today. However, it did foretell the rampant warfare that is marking our time and is taking “peace away from the earth.”—Revelation 6:4.

The book of Daniel foretold that “in the time of the end,” competing world powers would engage in a “pushing,” or struggle for dominance. That struggle would involve projecting great military power and spending vast “treasures,” or financial resources.—Daniel 11:40, 42, 43.

A war that is coming:

The Bible indicates that the world situation will get worse before it gets better. Jesus foretold that “there would be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning.” (Matthew 24:21) That “great tribulation” will culminate in a war called Armageddon, which is described as “the war of the great day of God the Almighty.”—Revelation 16:14, 16. However, Armageddon will save mankind, not destroy it. By means of that war, God will bring an end to human rulership, which has caused so many destructive wars.]

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’d suspect joey was counting service time…

… but they don’t really do that anymore.

😏

• Obrien
    Obrien

There's another thread idea, stories about starting your service time. How creative were you in your prime? Make a quick call near the KH and then drive an hour into the country for your next, ha, ha.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Obrien;

Good comments and welcome to the forum.

Please feel at home here.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

1914 tied to 607 has been tied together for decades.

If/when that doctrine is turfed,,,it will be hilarious to see the apologists get their heads around and explain that one.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Obrien, I started a thread like that a few months ago. As someone who was never in and always had a sense of humour and scepticism informed by the likes of Monty Python and Spike Milligan, I imagined that there were witnesses who might bend the rules as far as possible without actually snapping them in half.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6212579974709248/did-anyone-have-fun-their-field-service-reports

• Obrien
    Obrien

NotFormer, there was funny sh#t going down, now that I can look back on it from a far distance. Been out now about 30 years so that's far enough away to find things funny now. I want to start writing about it, capture the tragedy but humour as well.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks Jeffro for the link to your excellent Site ! I was looking for it a day or so ago when having a discussion with a JW elsewhere on-line about 1914, and couldn't find it at the time, not to worry I had enough in my head to do the job, thanks to you !

I wish to thank you once more for all your work over the years, what you have presented helped me immensely to expunge all J.W teaching, and the baseless fears of Armageddon and being in the "Last Days", fears that contributed to my being Suicidally Depressed in the last year or two of my being a J.W.

Your estimable work was , literally, a life-saver for me !

Of course we have proof, incontrovertible, irrefutable proof, that the 607-1914 Doctrine of the Org. is FALSE. Undoubtedly the most unarguable is what we get from the Babylonian Astronomical Tablets, the "Heavens"do not lie, and establish beyond argument and doubt the true dates !

"Scholar" therefore tells a blatant lie in the Post above where you provide your link. He strikes me as being of the same ilk as ultra Right Wing Republicans, and Right Wing Conservatives here in the U.K, deep down they know they are uttering untruths, but that is all they have, coupled with insults.

Truth and "Scholar" are completely estranged.

I wish to urge all J.W's and XJW's, to do the same as me, research sufficient to get rid of all fears that the org. has instilled, and become truly of a Free Mind. You have done all the hard leg-work for us !

Heartfelt Thanks again !

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Thanks Phizzy. I’m glad that the information has not only helped you but that you’ve also been able to help others.

‘scholar’ is so pitifully wrong that the best he can do to ‘refute’ the information I’ve provided is to complain that the many problems with his dogma aren’t only ‘one line of evidence’ (which is just bizarre). He can never discuss specifics because he always gets backed into a corner, so he instead makes trite remarks about ‘pretty colours’ and false claims of plagiarism. His recent desperate attempts to plead ignorance about dating systems regarding the impossible solstice is particularly amusing.

Though extraordinarily unlikely, it would be hilarious to watch ‘scholar’ backpedal if the Watch Tower Society backflipped on 607.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" His recent desperate attempts to plead ignorance about dating systems regarding the impossible solstice is particularly amusing. "

That seems to be the latest JW ploy by some. It doesn't hold water. As I said above, "The Heavens do not Lie".

I think we may well sort of half have the pleasure of seeing JW Org. doing a "backflip" on 1914 as the next Big Thing, or the one after perhaps, they simply have to, but will do their usual obfuscations, bolstered by half-truths, unattributed quotes etc. no doubt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit