The Next Big Thing In WT World

by NotFormer 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Duran
    Duran
    Tell that to Jeffro for he has a vested interest in 607 BCE being incorrect!!!
    scholar JW

He is right in it being incorrect. The WTS by their pointing to recent events and WW3, etc... shows that it is wrong and pointless to debate 607/587. They used 607 to get to 1914 because WW1 occurred then. Using 587 didn't work so they added 20 magical years. But now if peace is being taking away because of recent events and world war with nuclear weapons is on the horizon with the GT to follow then all that was said about WW1 timeframe was not the case.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    NotFormer - “…they're already saying that they're not special… But they still want the R&F to treat them as God's earthly channel… while they want governments to believe that they have no influence over JWs…”

…and financially subsidize or exempt them from paying taxes, don’t forget.

“We’re not special…

…we’re super-special!!!”

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This actually reminds me of something my Dad used to say when I was really little…

…that deep down, “The World” actually knew we had “The Truth”, and that’s why mean governments hated us, and not-so-mean governments grudgingly helped us sometimes (paraphrasing, but not much)*.

Being a little kid who naturally assumed my Dad was right, I once said this to other neighborhood kids.

You can probably guess how that went.

*Needless to say, he did not have a particularly high opinion of the government. He even said once that democracy was basically two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. One bad day, he even spouted his own theory that they wished they could euthanize all senior senior citizens so they wouldn’t have to pay their pensions (in Canada, no less). Seriously.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Which reminds me of another of my Dad’s gems…

…that “Worldly” parents didn’t love their children like Witness parents did.

For the record, I had a harder time swallowing that one.

EDIT: In his defence, he mellowed considerably as we both got older. In retrospect, I think it started after he stopped being an elder, but I’m not 100% sure.

• Obrien
    Obrien

It's funny how the word "Truth" has been used and abused so much. Usually those who shout it the loudest or claim to have it are the ones to be most wary of. I couldn't help a sardonic chuckle when I saw a certain flamboyant politician start a social platform called Truth Social.

• scholar
    scholar

Duran

He is right in it being incorrect. The WTS by their pointing to recent events and WW3, etc... shows that it is wrong and pointless to debate 607/587. They used 607 to get to 1914 because WW1 occurred then. Using 587 didn't work so they added 20 magical years. But now if peace is being taking away because of recent events and world war with nuclear weapons is on the horizon with the GT to follow then all that was said about WW1 timeframe was not the case.

---

If Jeffro is so smart and is right in that 607 BCE is incorrect then how come with all his pretty blogs he is unable to provide a single line of evidence that disproves 607 BCE?

scholar JW

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Next big thing in dubland:

""We're bankrupt. We're bankrupt. These are the " strange things" we've been preparing you for..

Now just do ad we say and sell everything you have and give it to us you gullible fools.""

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

If Jeffro is so smart and is right in that 607 BCE is incorrect then how come with all his pretty blogs he is unable to provide a single line of evidence that disproves 607 BCE?

Poor ‘scholar’, still beating the same tired drum. It can only be jealousy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Happy to take a poll to see if anyone else thinks the whole site provides no lines of evidence against JW 607 dogma. 🤣

Here

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Poor ‘scholar’, still beating the same tired drum. It can only be jealousy.

--

Poor Jeffro still beating the same tired drum. It can only be fear

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit