The Next Big Thing In WT World

by NotFormer 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Things got a bit lively after the AGM leaks in October. There was a lot of discussion going on on this board for a few months. Now that all the leaks have been more or less confirmed as policy, and we've had lively discussions at length concerning the changes, things seem to have slowed down here.

A few suggestions have been raised as to what might be the next changes, such as women being allowed to wear slacks (in the USA, anyway), decoupling from 1914 as an anchoring date and others.

So, what changes do you think will be announced this year?

And the real question, what announcements need to be made?

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

My money is on another change to 1914. This year felt like table-setting in preparation for it.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Expanding role of women

• Obrien
    Obrien

Signed up on a whim but it would be cool to see the changes documented over the years. I haven't been involved since the 90s but it was a large part of my youth and my married and parenting years so thought I'd drop in to see what it's all about now. I understand they have video streaming so obviously they're embracing technology. Picked up a rock that had a QR code underneath directed to a JW resource, so technology plus getting creative. It would be interesting to see a table that documented the changes over the years to get an old timer caught up! Anyone have anything?

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=beliefs%20clarified&p=par&r=occ

This link contains 'Beliefs Clarifed' which lists all of the changes by year.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The org. must retain it's exclusiveness. So my take is 1914 is here to stay.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think women in slacks. Women in positions. 1914 needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

• Obrien
    Obrien

Did a brief read through the 'Beliefs Clarified' didn't see too much earth shattering. I guess it's the daily culture aspects, cart witnessing I saw mentioned on another post, I see that where I live. Back in my day you had to go door to door and earn the ridicule, none of this sitting in deck chairs beside a cart... soft, lol.

Apparently beards are more accepted, no more monthly reports I read, using technology more. Any congregation chatter on king of the north/south, Putin, Trump, surely there's coffee time chatter going on, ha, ha.

Are they still discouraging higher education? Maybe that will be a change area, need more lawyers as time goes on. Create a special serving class for professional women, the Abigail class, part of the governing body. Heard it here first ;)

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Think one meeting day a week gonna be next change.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Obrien, even the brief list you mentioned, did you ever think that those things would change, back when you were in?

What piqued my interest and brought me back to discussing all things JW (I was never involved in the org in any way) was the fact that they stopped field service during Covid. That crap was sacrosanct for a hundred years and then they dropped it like a hot potato in the face of a bit of government pressure! You know, the guys who were proud of defying governments and having their people sent to prison accordingly? 😳😱🙄

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit