The Next Big Thing In WT World

by NotFormer 101 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

There have been a few almost imperceptible changes to their 1914 doctoral stance. Firstly they have said ‘about 1914’ instead of just 1914. Second they try and say Jesus was enthroned about 1914 but hasn’t yet sat down in the thrown, that will be in the future sometime.

So this does indeed look like a soft slight heading in the direction of a change to their 1914 foundations. But as soon as they try to have new light they will see that everything else falls apart.

It is inevitable that at sometime they will have to have an updated understanding and new light on 1914. Maybe another decade or a little longer but then it will be just to far away from 1914. But if they do then 1919 will fall apart and then the governing body being Jehovah’s channel on earth will fall apart.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

ExBP: Second they try and say Jesus was enthroned about 1914 but hasn’t yet sat down in the thrown, that will be in the future sometime.

LOL, really? I look forward to the next change in 20-30 years, when they tell us that Jesus has finally sat upon the throne, but he has not made himself comfortable yet.

• careful
    careful

HA, Obrien—"the Abigail class"! Now that's really funny. But given Fred Franz's departure, it's hardly possible that any of the current GB members and their lackeys would be so creative, biblical, or theological. It smells too much of type/anti-type, far over the current leaders' intellect. Remember how they have categorically rejected the entire type/anti-type paradigm, without replacing it anything, of course!

Even if they were to create such an "Abigail class", they would never serve on the GB—wrong gender. I doubt they would ever go with women being equal with men in administration. The statements in the NT on the role of women are just too blunt, and you know how they feel about "inspiration" and "inerrancy."

Are you new here? If so, welcome.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

1914 central doctrine cant evaporate without the Borg falling in on itself in a heap.

Henceforth enter ""about 1914"" ,, a gradual softening of it . Softening of it,,, then gradually forgetting about it.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

More roles for women, as well as recognition that pants/slacks are appropriate for meetings and service. The beard thing was a biggie--have to laugh, as it seems now that virtually every male face in WT Land is furry. Talk about pent-up demand.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Talk about pent-up demand." As soon as J.W's are granted a bit of freedom by their Lords and Masters, they grab at it, even if it is, as usual, way behind the curve, Beards are less fashionable now than a decade or more ago.

Expect the same with the "sisters" when allowed to wear trousers etc.

The only problem with this is, I used to able to spot J.W's on F.S no problem, guys in suits and ties,unfashionable, girls in long, unfashionable skirts,well, unfashionable and downright strange ! now I can only look out for the "Pioneer Shuffle", two J.dubs wasting time between doors, walking almost at Zero MPH !

I wonder if the "sisters" will be allowed to wear fashionably short skirts ?

• careful
    careful

I agree with "pent-up demand" when it comes to beards. Do you think that if they GB dropped the blood refusal (something I doubt they'd do!) would Witnesses flock to blood banks to donate?

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Obrien: Bottom line is about survival in a rapidly changing environment.

That's it. The org is simply in survival mode - trying to keep the ship from sinking. Gone are the days of deeper doctrinal analysis and deeper study on prophecy. Gone are the days when the org was proactive; now it is simply reacting to a situation in which it knows it has been defeated and can no longer be bold and confident. It is trying desperately to retain what it has.

It has become and is still becoming more mainstream with a website, pop-like music videos, a talk show, shiny and glittery televangelist-like broadcasting, etc.

• Obrien
    Obrien

Careful, yes joined up yesterday. Thought I'd start documenting "my history" so being a JW was a big part of that, 33 years I figure, not including the inevitable slow falling out period. First step was to reawaken some memories and connect with a community that was talking about such things.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome O'brien, a good Irish name, even if usually written "O'Brien", I have relatives in Ireland, most born and bred there.( Some, not most, are sadly, J.W's).

I look forward to more contributions here, from your good self !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit