Memo shows Trump tried to end investigation in Feb.

by Coded Logic 134 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

Simon: Well, both Coded Logic and I did address the substance of the tweet. I don't think it is healthy that things from far right/left ideologues are copy-pasted onto this forum and passed off as original ideas. I think it is happening more and more often, for instance, all the "last night in Sweden" stories which coincide with whatever trend on /pol or the_Donald.

But whatever, I can't tell you how to moderate this place. if copy-pasting rebel medias twitter feed and calling other posters idiots/spaz/jackasses is cool then I guess that is how it is.

Update:

Well look at that. Special council for the Russia investigation, McCarthy saying he believes Putin pays Trump and Paul Ryan reported to have told him to keep quiet. The spin on this one from fox/right-wing media will be EPIC.

update-update: I did address the quote, see previous posts. Comey did not say POTUS had not told him to stop the investigation. I don't think I have more posts so I can't address this anymore.

Liberal media is not blameless & I can't stand huffpo. Please ban me when I copy-paste huffpo stories and try to pass them off as my own ideas. For my own sake.

• Simon
    Simon

No, you're constantly attempting to undermine the messenger rather than addressing the message. If you don't want to accept anything that isn't published by CNN then that's fine, but you don't get to dictate what other people are allowed to read and quote or to use that to dismiss things.

If you think it's incorrect then you should address the quote, not simply try to rubbish the source. That is the "fake news, fake news" mantra that is part of the mess created by those who seek to manipulate the news and decide what is and isn't legitimate to hear - and that isn't always the conservative news sources, the liberal media have done it just as much if not more.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

FMF, Comey was fired so abruptly who knows what he would have done. If you've ever been in corporate management, you know that you document everything. Events of those above and below. If he was building a case, or just investigating, this stuff takes time. Why in the world would he broadcast his position?

• bohm
    bohm
    (deleted).
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Well, i didn't get it from him. There is lots of redundancy out there. And the principle of it is that obstruction is a big deal. That doesn't change it. I don't care who else put it up there, it's still Comey testifying regarding obstruction.

• bohm
    bohm

no, fmf, I bet you got it from a really reputable source. the_donald? 4chan?

Comey is testifying about obstruction from the AG/DOJ, not POTUS. I know there is a lot of straw-grabbing (like the whole Seth Rich thing which seems like pizzagate 2.0 except less evidence) out there but you would do well to read the sources and ask what they are saying, exactly. A person like Comey testifying on this matter is likely to weight his words *very* carefully.

My point is that you are copy-pasting things from the right-wing-o-sphere onto this forum without attribution while calling the rest of us idiots. I don't believe this is the first time. Can't we do away with either the copy-pasting without attribution or the name-calling? It seems like those two things don't go well together.

• Simon
    Simon

bohm: you are now forbidden from copying and pasting anything from any liberal source.

"What's sauce for the goose ..."

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    bohm: you are now forbidden from copying and pasting anything from any liberal source.

I think the subject is copying and pasting without attribution. If someone can't take the time to put an idea into their own words, then we shouldn't waste our time listening to them. If I want a parrot, I'll go to a pet shop.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Now that a Special Counselor has been appointed - are you more confident that, if Trump is guilty of high crimes, he will impeached?

Now that a Special Counselor has been appointed - are you more confident that, if Trump is innocent, he will be found unimpeachable?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Now that a Special Counselor has been appointed - are you more confident that, if Trump is guilty of high crimes, he will be impeached?......Coded Logic

That's a jump..

Trump is innocent until proven guilty..

Now that a Special Counselor has been appointed - are you more confident that, if Trump is innocent, he will be found unimpeachable?

There`s another conclusion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit