Memo shows Trump tried to end investigation in Feb.

by Coded Logic 134 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Oh wait, you didn't actually say he's unfit. You just minimized the magnitude of his indiscretions, and at some point will no doubt tell us that you're politically neutral because both sides disgust you. Great way to never be wrong!

Spoleta, as usual, you are not worth my time, but here it goes anyway, the whole problem in this country and why there is a Trump in the first place is the tribal view of political matters like yours. "Us against them" mindless BS.

I will discuss individuals based on their character, and issues individually, not get into "sides".

It still amazes me how some of you who were in a cult can so mindlessly and easily still be hearded down a path that's been given to you. Once sheeple always sheeple.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    He divulged information that, with minimum effort, can be used to compromise the source of the information, resulting in not only the "burning" of that source but also a lowering of the confidence of US allies in sharing vital information with the US.
    if you're a British / French / German / what-have-you intelligence agency, and you have sensitive information that will help a united effort to counteract terrorism, but you think the US president will carelessly blurt it out to Russian officials / NBC News / the cleaning lady, why would you share that information with the US?

Is everything you said here for a facy what happened? yes or no? Think carefully before or if you answer

• sir82
    sir82

Love this:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/05/17/times_republican_columnist_compares_trump_to_syphilitic_emperor.html

From the New York Times' coverage of Trump's spontaneous decision to tell Russia's foreign minister and ambassador about top-secret Israeli intelligence:

In private, three administration officials conceded that they could not publicly articulate their most compelling — and honest — defense of the president: that Mr. Trump, a hasty and indifferent reader of printed briefing materials, simply did not possess the interest or knowledge of the granular details of intelligence gathering to leak specific sources and methods of intelligence gathering that would do harm to United States allies.

On the same subject, a Reuters report this morning quotes a source who's heard from White House officials that Trump will only read preparatory material if his name is in it:

National Security Council officials have strategically included Trump's name in "as many paragraphs as we can because he keeps reading if he's mentioned," according to one source, who relayed conversations he had with NSC officials.

The Daily Beast, meanwhile, had the following aide reaction to the Russia-Israel story:

“With news like this I’m beginning to wonder why Trump ran in the first place and if he really cares about the country,” said a senior Trump appointee involved in counter-ISIS policymaking. “I miss candidate Trump. Now he’s just a pathetic mess.”

The Beast also got this in response to yesterday's report that Trump suggested to former FBI director James Comey that Comey drop an investigation into disgraced former national security adviser Michael Flynn:

A senior official in the Trump administration, who previously worked on the president’s campaign, offered a candid and brief assessment of the fallout from that string of bad press: “I don’t see how Trump isn’t completely fucked.”

Politico had the following about the Israel mess:

But several advisers and others close to Trump said they wouldn't be surprised if Trump gave information he shouldn't have.
    One adviser who often speaks to the president said the conversation was likely freewheeling in the Oval Office, and he probably wanted to impress the officials.
    "He doesn't really know any boundaries. He doesn't think in those terms," this adviser said. "He doesn't sometimes realize the implications of what he's saying. I don't think it was his intention in any way to share any classified information. He wouldn't want to do that."

And that's supposed to be a defense of the president!

Conservative New York Times columnist Ross Douthat sums up the situation aptly:

Read the things that these people, members of his inner circle, his personally selected appointees, say daily through anonymous quotations to the press. (And I assure you they say worse off the record.) They have no respect for him, indeed they seem to palpate with contempt for him, and to regard their mission as equivalent to being stewards for a syphilitic emperor.

Syphilitic Emperor/Pence 2020!

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Trump is worse than both Snowden and Manning. Trump gave code word information personally and intentionally to a hostile force who has been fighting against our efforts in Syria and the Ukraine.

One has to ask, after the Russian's brazenly attacked the US last year, what were they doing in the White House in the first place???

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Nothing to see here.....just what we had predicted. An administration spiraling out of control.

There are no surprises, Trump is proving to be what we all thought. How could this be any different?

When you see Republicans distancing themselves from the administration, you know it's bad. Now yes, the Trumpian drone army will continue to defend him, but so what? Jdub drones also defend the governing body regardless of evidence. You simply cannot make some folks see what is so obviously wrong.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Carry on with your TrumpGate panic fest

Just let me know when there is official word on laws being broken.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

yup, cause nothing is bad unless it's illegal. Nevertheless, say tuned..

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I am not claiming him to not be guilty, I am only saying what happened to innocent until proven guilty? That has made some people look foolish in the past already. Tax returns etc. It even made Trump look stupid because of Obama's birther nonsense. But carry on anyway, in the meantime, we can base our conclusions on "quotes a source who's heard from White House officials"...

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Yup, absolutely no evidence of collusion . . . General Flynn and Paul Manafort under investigation and having their records subpoenaed has nothing to do with this.

Jeff Sessions being forced to recuse himself doesn't mean anything. Nor does Trump trying over and over again to get the Russian investigation shut down have anything to do with anything.

And Trump handing Israel's State Secretes over to the Russians on a silver platter? . . . pure coincidence.

That's right everybody. No evidence of collusion. Please move along.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta
    I will discuss individuals based on their character, and issues individually, not get into "sides".

If parroting the idea of MSM as "fake news" and minimizing the damage that Trump has done by shooting off his mouth, while at the same time castigating the Democrats for pursuing legitimate concerns about our nation's security is not taking "sides", then I wonder what is?

I think that a careful search of all your posts pertaining to Trump will show a definite bias in his, and the GOP's favor, whether you admit it or not.

"If it walks like a duck..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit