Memo shows Trump tried to end investigation in Feb.

by Coded Logic 134 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

The spins I have heard (add yours):

• Comey is weird for keeping a "little book of secrets"
    • If this really happened, Comey should have done something then, so it is Comeys fault.
    • Deep state media is trying to undermine Trump
    • Leaks are from Comeys associates; leaks are bad
    • Flipping the middle finger to a reporter (yes, a member of congress did this)
    • It didn't happen

Analysis of the obstruction of justice issue:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/another-bomb-drops-initial-thoughts-trump-asking-comey-kill-flynn-investigation

Verdict: Perhaps, but there is no way to prosecute without a political will to do so because of immunity.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The spins I have heard (add yours):

"A traitor leaked the story."

Really?.......A Traitor?....LOL!!..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Alan Dershowitz an American lawyer, jurist, and author.

A prominent scholar on United States constitutional law and criminal law..

And..

A Trump Supporter from what I can tell..

Just said "Trump needs a Lawyer."...............LOL!!

• Simon
    Simon

One thing we can be confident in - the press will do a fantastic job investigating and getting to the truth of the matter and won't just hype things up to get clicks. No, they protect democracy from ... oh, wait.

BTW: What's going on with that Seth Rich murder? The guy on Clinton's campaign apparently leaks some DNC info to WikiLeaks and is then shot by "robbers" who don't actually take anything - not his phone, wallet or watch ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Seth_Rich

There's a Clinton scandal, quick ... order some body-bags!

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    I don't think he'll be impeached because that would take a republican party with some principles and backbone, but neither do I believe that he won't commit any crimes worthy of impeachment.

Looks like you were right, at least on the second point, Simon.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, you might not have noticed but there is no actual impeachment happening yet. You need to wait for the actual thing to start pointing to the thing.

Doesn't rely on the testimony of Comey to establish the actual details? So far there are not even any hearings ...

Do you believe this is this more or less true than the golden-showers intelligence on Trump?

Have you seen the claimed memo yet or know the identities of any of the alleged sources? Can you explain why Comey didn't report the incident as he should have if it's true?

• the comet
  • Berengaria
    Berengaria

Such BS. As it has been for 30 years. Right Wingnuts hatred of the Clintons, simply because he won the election. It was the birth of right wing media like Rush and FOX. Just to oppose Clinton. It's amazing that losers are still trying to deflect GOP nonsense by pushing it off on the Clintons. You should all be embarrassed.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Seth Rich Family Spokesman was hired by the DNC, for those of you thinking that the family spokesman statement debunks the claims. Brad Bauman a professional Democrat crisis PR consultant with the Pastorum Group.

FYI: I hate the Clintons and supported Bernie. This has nothing to do with right-wing hatred for the Clintons. It has to do with hating horrible people like Hillary.

• sir82
    sir82

We should start a pool.

On the next "Trump shoots himself in the foot yet again" post, in which numbered post will someone first bring up at least one of these:

-- Hillary Clinton is somehow worse

-- You regressive-left fanatics are fanatically fanatical

-- Fake news!

-- Some completely unrelated topic "reported" on by Breitbart

I'll get started - I'll say post number 6.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit