THEY'VE DONE IT!!!! The WBTS set a new date!

by dmouse 208 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JCanon
    JCanon

ALSO, DON'T FORGET ABOUT NOAH'S DAY!

THE FLOOD DID NOT COME UNTIL 7 FULL DAYS AFTER THE ARK WAS CLOSED. THIS PERIOD WAS A PERIOD OF "DARKNESS". THE FLOOD CAME FROM A WATER CANOPY OF SOLID ICE AROUND THE PLANET THAT HAD TO BE MELTED AND VAPORIZED INTO CLOUD FORM. CLOUDS THICK ENOUGH TO RAIN 40 DAYS AND 40 NIGHTS IS NOT GOING TO SHOW ANY LIGHT THROUGH IT, SO IT WAS DARK FOR 7 DAYS BEFORE THE FLOOD TOOK PLACE.

APPLYING TO OUR DAY, WE CAN EXPECT A TIME OF "DARKNESS" AND BEWILDERMENT (AS THE WTS IS EXPERIENCING NOW) BEFORE THEIR DESTRUCTION AND CHRIST THROWS THEM INTO THE LAKE OF FIRE ALONG WITH THE REST OF CHRISTENDOM (THE LAMB-DRAGON BEAST OUT OF THE EARTH IS THE WTS, THE 666 BEAST REPRESENTS CHRISTENDOM).

DARKNESS FOR 7 DAYS BEFORE DESTRUCTION.

THE WTS IS DEFINITELY FLOUNDERING AROUND IN THE DARK.

JC

• JH
    JH

I remember being told that the end was too close to consider getting married and having children.

Now if they say that the end is 30 years away, it's maybe a signal to tell witnesses to get married and have children, the end is not for tomorrow. That way there will be more kids at the halls, so the statistics will go up faster.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Is it just me, or is that bad boy's mask made out of construction paper?

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

This about does it for me! I don't believe I'll another attend another meeting if this is what they've said! I'll be looking with great interest in geting this issue.

THANKS!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Oh, I love this quote: "How should we respond to warnings we have been given? 'He that does the will of God remains forever,' states the Bible (1 John 2:17). Now is therefore the time to do Jehovah's will with a keen sense of urgency."

Now isn't that amazing? If this means living on the earth forever, who, then has done the will of God? Not even the author of John, nor his contemporaries, nor those before him, nor those after him remained here on this planet. And yet this passage is supposed to come to pass real soon for the Jws of our day--at least by 2034!!!!!!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This really is fun, isn't it?

Well, I think it is...

I agree with franklin j that this information will be targeted at future dubs especially.

In 2026, the 1975 will be as far in the past as the 1925 fiasco was from 1975. How many of us who were around in 1975 had serious concerns over the 1925 issue? Some of us did, yes, but the majority concentrated on doing what they had to do to save their bee-hinds.

As above, so below; as then, so now; as today, so tomorrow

I agree with what dmouse has said, but I expect that as the 2034 "Sell Date" gets closer and closer, it will eventually become a most urgent date; oh, probably around 2026 or so, and the new crop of WTS book for newbies from 2026 wil contain illustrations, charts and graphics with arrows connecting the dates 1914 and 2034. It will be the 1968 buildup to 1975 all over again, and various Circuit Servants will be exhorting the assembly audiences in the years from 2026 to 2034 that the date "...is even more certain than 1914; sell your houses and become pioneers; this is no time to get married -the time is SO SHORT, this is no time to have children - the time is SO SHORT;if the WTS tells me the sky is green, then its GREEN!" type hysteria.

I think it is unlikely that I will be here when 2034 arrives, and that's a pity.

It will be quite a tragic circus, once again.

One thing that does make a significant difference is this - in cyberspace, ideas can be eternal. We will send our memes into the future, and they will continue to do the work we have begun.

• cat1759
    cat1759

No wonder mom wants me to move with her to Maine next year. I still have a good 25yrs left in me for preaching....yeah ok... Only preach now about safe sex. Cathy

• rocketman
    rocketman
    Conclusion: (again left for JWs to fill in the blank)

I agree Lisa. Then, when it doesn't come to pass, guess what? The wts will say, 'well, we never explicitly said it would come in 2034' and "God's people have at times speculated...."

Also, isn't it funny how the emphasis now is suddenly on the 120 yrs of Noah's day, someting that wasn't really emphasized before - because they were instead emphasizing the 70-80 year 'generation' period at Psalm 90. They just take whatever scripture or time line suits their purpose at the moment and use that.

• Scully
    Scully

Blondie writes:

Actually, dmouse, I have jokingly suggested this date 2034 with the same reasoning 1914 + 120 years given Noah.

Yes, the new year's text is stressing the need to be vigilant, jackal. The translation of this is the WTS is seeing a slide in attendance at meetings and participation in the ministry. So they are saying that the big A is just around the corner which they have been saying since 1914 almost 90 years ago. My little joke is that the end is coming in 2034 since Noah lived in a judgement period that proved to be 120 years long, 1914 to 2034 is 120 years, but it is just my little joke.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/61033/1.ashx

Now the WTS has confirmed it.. Does that mean I'm anointed?

Actually, in addition to you being annointed, it may also mean that the WTS is reading your comments here and thinks you have potential in the Writing Department.

Love, Scully

• blondie
    blondie

You may have something there, Scully. I was positive 1975 was wrong from the get go for the reasons they finally gave in 1975 and 1976. I just hate that Bethel life. I wonder if I can work out of my home. My WT reviews would certainly liven up everyone's Sundays a little.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit