Major congregational quake in Southern California

by Hecce 182 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ blondie...

I remember hearing those stories, then scratching my head when the meeting would be cancelled because of an inch-and-a-half of snow.

The older I got, the more I thought, "either these stories being 'embellished' (i.e. bullshit), or the individuals in the stories who are risking everything just to make a meeting are complete f**king idiots".

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    then scratching my head when the meeting would be cancelled because of an inch-and-a-half of snow.

That changed from the old days because of congo liability risk.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

berrygerry - "That changed from the old days because of congo liability risk."

Yes, I eventually figured that out.

"Hiking barefoot for three days though crocodile-infested waters" must have lower insurance premiums in central Africa. :smirk:

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Id say some brothers in some hellhole somewhere on earth were forced to trek through crocodile infested waters to go to the meeting.

What was more than likely left out of a story like that was that every non-jw man woman and child in that village had to do the same thing just to get anywhere.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Hiking barefoot for three days though crocodile-infested waters

Each way. Twice per week.

• Hecce
    Hecce

Google translation from Spanish to English:

SKC: SKD September 17, 2016

TO CERTAIN BODIES OF ELDERS OF THE AREA LOS ANGELES

Dear brothers:

It is very exciting to witness the rapid growth of the visible part of Jehovah’s organization. This has resulted in a greater need for worthy places of worship, as Jehovah continues to accelerate the collection of "a mighty nation" (Isaiah 60:22).

In keeping with the instructions of the Governing Body to fully utilize Kingdom Halls, the branch has analyzed the particular needs of your area. To this end, it held a special meeting with circuit overseers and bodies of local elders, and discussed with them several important factors. For example, attendance to meetings with many seats in the main auditorium and auxiliary rooms, as well as the limits of the territory and the location of the publishers was compared. In this way, the branch has been able to determine whether an auditorium could be better utilized by merging congregations, moving them to another Kingdom Hall or the possibility of building a new Kingdom Hall (See the book Organized, page 112, paragraph 16).

We wish to inform you that, in accordance with a plan that covers your area, your congregation will participate directly in an adjustment that will include neighboring congregations. Under the direction of the branch, the local circuit overseers and bodies of elders will implement the details. We want to assure that giving attention to these matters, the brothers will be guided by love and interest in each of you. You will be informed as soon as the changes are finalized. We hope that this be done within the next few weeks. We are confident that these adjustments will result in spiritual blessings to all congregations in your area. We pray that the Lord continue to guide our efforts to use resources dedicated-two in the best possible way (2 Corinthians 8: 13-15).

Receive our greetings and Christian love.

Your brothers,

• never a jw
    never a jw

Do you have the original text in Spanish?

Do you know what circuits are we talking about?s

My family belongs to the east side of the San Fernando Valley area, but I stopped attending meetings years ago. My take is that attendance is lower now than five years ago when I was a regular at the weekend meeting. One thing I have noticed is that people jump from congregation to congregation more often. About half of the members, the hard core, rarely move. The others are there, testing the waters, for few months and then move.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Wonderous contraction is taking place!

Good news indeed.

The end is near.

The end of religion that is.

The Watchtower is being destroyed in Armageddon:

the war between religion and the liberating gospel message.

Long live the gospel.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Gerrymandering? Just more of the same.

• Hecce
    Hecce

The latest that I heard is that the project is moving forward, right now the elders have the information as to the Congregations that will be merging and the brothers have been relocated by area without any concern for any personal preferences or circumstances.

Going by past experiences they will just follow the leader.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit