Plans for huge Jehovah's HQ take shape

by Formerbrother 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

http://www.chelmsfordweeklynews.co.uk/news/11227290.Plans_for_huge_Jehovah_s_HQ_take_shape/

Plans for huge Jehovah's HQ take shape

Its going to be a real beautiful place when its finished.

They are going for quality over quantity. It used to be accommodation for a few thousand permanent residents, now its looking like less than a thousand permanent with the possibility of a few thousand more in temporary accommodation should the need arise.

Some say the plans are going to be like a garden of Eden in England :) I mean they had farming in London over the years but this is going to be epic what they are planning for Temple farm at Chelmsford.

They are planting thousands (literally) of fruit trees, including tropical fruits in huge green houses, huge vines yards and then the same basic farming activities as before. I know there are some large agriculture organisations involved at this stage, but if they will be doing things long term, or it will all be handled by volunteers is not known.

over 300 Hectares of beautiful forests and country walks or bike riding. Strictly only for JW's they are also setting up a very high end security system with border security.

You can only gain entry to the compound on the invite of one of the Bethelites or if you book a tour, then you will be recorded and given an electronic badge which you have to keep with you at all times. Each badge has a locator on it and everybody will be tracked 100% of the time, if anybody is found without the locator badge there will be an investigation and all activities will be recorded by the hundreds of high end HD cameras everywhere. It was around 2020 aiming for completion but now Im told it will be nearer 2022.

Just what in the world are they preparing for?

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

hmm, an investment for the future sale of a luxury resort time share?

whos going to enjoy this fantabulose luxury retirement center? and off of whose dime?

or their private island home when all us other unfortunate 'outsiders' are in fema camps slaving for the one percent?

• floriferous
    floriferous

I recall we use to say out in FS in wealthy areas amid beautiful surroundings,........

'They're not interested in God's New World because they have their paradise now'

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i will believe it when i see it

err--no--i wont see it. i couldnt give a sh*t about the place.

• Petraglyph
    Petraglyph
    ...you will be recorded and given an electronic badge which you have to keep with you at all times. Each badge has a locator on it and everybody will be tracked 100% of the time, if anybody is found without the locator badge there will be an investigation and all activities will be recorded by the hundreds of high end HD cameras everywhere.

Sounds wonderful!

Is this Watchtower's vision of Paradise?

I can see how everyone living there will be delightfully happy.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

What? They`re relying on "science" with a high end security system instead of putting faith and trust in jahoooverrr?

Are they that scared of apostates sneaking in they need to keep track of EVERYONE?

• cofty
    cofty

Retreat into compounds in England and Warwick is another big step along the cult spectrum.

I believe the day will come when the question "are JWs a cult?" will be settled beyond all doubt.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Strictly for JWS?

Well of course - millions and millions being invested for a privileged few.

Why all this in these 'urgent times?'

What's the point?

If they believe we are right on the final brink - why build a park like compound?

Why use all that volunteer time when they could be out, preaching?

I'm not being negative - yes, it's a fantastic project - but beautifying real estate is not what Christ was all about?

Have they EVER stopped to think how this constant building and selling, renovating what doesn't need renovating and the spending of millions in the 'public eye' simply waters down the urgency of their message?

That the 'the world' observes these busy Christians building luxury compounds unavailable to the poor and needy - and the public doesn't think 'wow, God is truly amongst these people'.

Sorry, I know it's easy to just criticise - but honestly, if only they could see what 'message' they are really spreading....

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

They are planting thousands (literally) of fruit trees, including tropical fruits in huge green houses, huge vines yards and then the same basic farming activities as before.

Nonsense. They won't pay people to do that and they're scaling back at Bethel. Local JW fantasy talk.

over 300 Hectares of beautiful forests and country walks or bike riding. Strictly only for JW's they are also setting up a very high end security system with border security.

Nonsense. They have not bought 300 hectares. More local JW fantasy talk.

You can only gain entry to the compound on the invite of one of the Bethelites or if you book a tour, then you will be recorded and given an electronic badge which you have to keep with you at all times. Each badge has a locator on it and everybody will be tracked 100% of the time, if anybody is found without the locator badge there will be an investigation and all activities will be recorded by the hundreds of high end HD cameras everywhere.

Nonsense. Total JW fantasy. Investigate what? That someone took the badge off when they were in the loo?

Go back to pumping silver.

And you're username is contrary to your posting activity.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I agree Wizzstick. FormerBrother is approx. 660 odd acres out on what the dubs have ACTUALLY bought.

From Chelmsford weekly news "The 82-acre site (the size of about 15 football pitches) is at Temple Farm, off Ship Road, West Hanningfield."

If you are going to promote and sing the praises of the cult, at least do it accurately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit