If Your Child or Friend Told You They Were Gay, Would You Be Disturbed?

by minimus 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I have several gay friends and I love them like.. well... friends...

As for my daughter...the only concern I would have is that being in any type of relationship that is out of the norm can bring on more pressure within a relationship..lol and lets face it relationships can be difficult enough without that. But if she decided that was what she wanted I would be behind her 100%.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I wouldn't like it at all.

Englishman.

• breal
    breal

No children yet.

Several friends that are gay....several friends that are straight. They are all awsome!

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

What are you trying to tell us Min?

You're scared your parents wont accept you??

• kyria
    kyria

I remember even when I was a JW, I had no problem with people who were gay. It was Jehovah who had the problem with them, not me! I figured, well, it's God's job to judge them. But I think I kind of went out of my way to befriend gay people, just to show them that a Christian should be loving. Odd, because I still thought it was technically "wrong".

Now I'm just happy whenever anyone knows what they want and goes out to get it!

I found it really interesting when I discovered that many Native American tribes tended to have a couple of cross-dressers in them, men who decided to live as women, and no one had a problem with it but would just start treating that man as a woman.

• crownboy
    crownboy

It wouldn't bother me at all. Except (if I had a child) in the sense that Xena mentioned. I would be concerned about how they were received by others and, if it were negative reception, how that would affect them, but they wouldn't have to worry about my reaction.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I always told people that it wouldn't bother me, however, now that all my sons are in hetero relationships I do feel quite relieved.

Quite hypocritical of me really. My gay pals understand it though.

Englishman.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I used to be very anti-gay when I was younger, but I have no problem at all with them now. At my brothers birthday party a few weeks ago I was one of only a handle of heterosexaul people out of 50-60 who were there. I had a great time with them all, theres pictures on here somewhere.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

My brother in law is a gay-hater, big time. Just mentioning gay people makes him want to hurt someone.

As for me, I think that it might be surprising, but not disturbing. Happiness is the only thing that really matters. No matter who my kids dated, same sex or not, I would just want to make sure that whoever they dated treated them with respect, and didn't abuse them. Gays can adopt, or for lesbians, get a sperm donor, if it's kids that people want.

It's a brave new world out there, and it's really not a big deal to be gay anymore, unless you have a religous or bigoted family.

ash

• minimus
    minimus

When people flip out over someone being gay, they've got "issues".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit