2017 Annual Meeting

by Jules Saturn 130 Replies latest social current

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Study Watchtowers will now be simplified or rather be in a simple language

How much more simple can they get? The only thing stopping them becoming comic books is that the ink or pictures costs too much.

Cut backs are not the way to grow a religion. They need to offer more entertainment; become ever more like TV evangelists and Pentecostals.

• cofty
    cofty

They have given up!

Loyal JWs will hope there is an intelligent strategy behind all of this. I doubt there is. I think SBF was right, "it's all over bar the shouting."

Sad and pathetic.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the reason I mentioned it could be the nail in the coffin for the carts and the usual response is that the carts "keep the R&F busy" the carts can only be manned by a select elite few in the congs pioneers,elders etc, the cart in my town is manned by the exact same handful week after week, the door knocking work is totally finished in the town where I live, I never see them at all, not a leaflet through the letterbox nothing, its clear the GB dont really care about keeping the R&F busy anymore, meetings and assemblies reduced, a less that token effort in the preaching work, apathy levels at an all time high. Surely printing can cease completely now the congs can print the rags and the R&F can print off whatever they need which cant be much at all these days.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Fewer agazines with recycled articles, Writing Department Bethelites due to be reassigned then as less needed. In the world reassigned means given other duties, in WT land it means death of your way of life, your home gone, health treatment and support, gone, food on the table and essential utilities, gone. Future gone, Past, wasted. But the Gazebo and Lake view for meetings of the GB continue in quite comfortable quarters, I doubt any GB wife cleaning their rooms or cooking and washing laundry. World has class and sadly racial distinctions, WT has Leaders who are not leading and sheep that accept any old (recycled) nourishment. Library shelves of old Yearbooks probably vanishing from WT offices, as have many older publications ‘vanished’

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@steve2

Yes, the annual report will still be found on JW.org

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

How many elderly will be able to see the annual report now? Methinks this is about keeping them in the dark so their wills go to watchtower.

I'll personally make copies of it to share.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Didn't Russell say It's time to stop the publications when they had to beg for money. It's happening.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@never a jw

Well see that's the thing, now I feel like the Witnesses I've spoken to have this "Soon the preaching work will stop" mentality and that that means Armageddon is closer and now is the time to decide to get in the ark or get off.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    Well see that's the thing, now I feel like the Witnesses I've spoken to have this "Soon the preaching work will stop" mentality and that that means Armageddon is closer and now is the time to decide to get in the ark or get off.

That's the frustrating part: No matter WHAT happens, it can and will be spun in their favor.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    Study Watchtowers will now be simplified or rather be in a simple language
    How much more simple can they get?

Instead of a regular "study" WT written at a third grade level plus a simplified edition written at a first grade level there will be just the one written at a second grade level. This effectively also cuts the number of "study" WT's in half.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit