2017 Annual Meeting

by Jules Saturn 130 Replies latest social current

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wow, I am just gobsmacked at this.

I mean, "The Watchtower - Heralding Christ's Presence!" - will barely be published anymore??
    Whatever will the JWs *do* without a monthly WT magazine?? Whatever will they study on Sunday? What will they underline? What will they do with all their rulers and pens and high-lighters and markers, etc.??? What will they fill all their bookshelves and bookbags with??

Is everybody to buy an iPad?? Has WT invested heavily in Apple stock?? What does this all mean in the practical daily/weekly/monthly lives of the faithful flock??

Will everybody sit around a computer screen to see the latest from Jehovah's mighty and glorious website?

Yes, that must be it, seeing as how their latest JW broadcast said they were building a fine "Digital Foundation"!!! Well, thank goodness they will have a rock solid, stable *digital foundation*.... (as long as the internet connections hold and the wireless networks and clouds keep doing their things...)

Imagine when all the resurrected ones will be given new tablets, never mind those old stone things. They will all have *iPads* and the new system will be filled with cell towers or such to stream in the new light from Jehovah.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

The magazine change does not affect the study copy, just the field service public copy of the Watchtower and Awake.

The study copies will still have 32 pages each month.

• StarryNight9
    StarryNight9

The study watchtower touches on some pretty cringe inducing stuff from a non-JW standpoint. I wouldn't be surprised if that's partly why they're distancing the public version away from it. I also wouldn't be surprised if the study versions were just re-studied every two years. Perhaps this will all move to a standard show-up-for-a-sermon church format.

• steve2
    steve2

I wasn't expecting the end of the Yearbook - so wow!

Can anyone confirm that the annual service report will still be available though? On Jw.org?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Watchtowers and Awakes won't be released regularly, at least three Watchtower and Awakes per year. 6 magazines a year.

Do you mean to say that only 3 issues of the wt magazine will be released per year. Is that including digital or do you mean to say that only 3 paper issues of the wt will be available in paper form.

Also there is the public wt and the study edition wt. What do you mean that only 3 issues will be released per year????

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They are fully into the virtual religion now without the hardcopy publications.

And justify it with “no time to lose”.

People on top know that the general rank and file is too stupid to think about it at all.

in a few years they can manage it from one location and the website.

Future: mainstream US religion, centralized by video streaming, without an end in sight, based on a big cash stream with minimal costs.

G.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Spot on Gorby.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Cost reduction that's it. Everything else is a guess.

People read into things too much and conclude too much.

If mags were producing money or results, they wouldn't be cut. But seems that producing them are an expense and at least the same results or more can be expected with fewer mags at a great savings, same goes for other literature. This is also part of an ongoing transition into dIrecting people to JW. Org and to personally download digital literature except for the very elderly for which the written word was originally intended for in this digital era. I am puzzled that wt is projecting preaching past this year and into 2 years from now. I don't know what to guess . We will see what happens.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Future: mainstream US religion

Never! too many angry people that will never forgive wt for wakening them up from precious sleep on Saturday mornings for nothing.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Watchtower and Awake! two year cycle.

JW: Would you like a copy of our latest Watchtower magazine?

HOUSEHOLDER: (looking closer) Hang on. I already have a copy of that magazine. In fact I remember you giving me a copy two years ago.

JW: Well, yes, but this Watchtower magazine has 'new light' teachings which replace the 'old light' teachings in the Watchtower magazine of two years ago.

HOUSEHOLDER: What the f¥€#.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit