2017 Annual Meeting

by Jules Saturn 130 Replies latest social current

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I honestly don't think there's some end game escape scenario master plan. The GB know they're liers but also sincerely believe it at the same time. They're on a mad course and will try their darnedest no matter how far they go, never admitting defeat and hanging on to whatever believers they can. The religion will probably never go away, just change.

I used to think that for sure. And you are probably still right to some degree. I feel that at some near future point, they will realize they need an exit strategy.

But we don't know.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    @OnTheWayOut @neat blue dog
    I'm fearful of a Jonestown type thing occuring

We don't know for sure, but I don't feel they will ask members to drink poison. I do feel that, should Watchtower collapse and/or the GB take the money and run, we would have to do a suicide watch on some members.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I audio recorded the annual meeting but can't seem to get it from my phone to my computer. Any ideas?

I'll put it on youtube you can bet that.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@OnTheWayOut

I could see a “Take this pill and you’ll go straight into paradise” thing happen

• cofty
    cofty

I suspect the GB genuinely believe their own bullshit. I reckon they are stressed out trying to make sense of why everything is going wrong.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@cofty

I can imagine, especially if there is a financial situation

• LV101
    LV101

WOW - pill for paradise now that's scary! Like OTWO I hope they hot foot it sooner than later. They no more believe their nonsense but enjoy their high (and free) style of living.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Can't wait until the new Watchtowers and awakes look as bad as their current two page tracts.

• waton
    waton

I suspect the GB genuinely believe their own bullshit. I reckon they are stressed out trying to make sense of why everything is going wrong. cofty:

and David Splane saying: see, you 6 should have taken my spiritual flights of fancy more seriously.

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Now that I think about it, I wonder if them saying there will be a change in the ministry, basically saying that Matt 24:14 has been fulfilled will trigger membership to grow for people who have already left. Maybe in an effort to instill fear in the hearts of those that have left, to insinuate that because the preaching work is fulfilled or almost over, that the Great Tribulation and Armageddon will commence soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit