2017 Annual Meeting

by Jules Saturn 130 Replies latest social current

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

@Are you serious

I don't think they'll ever come out with a Spanish NWT at least not now, slimboyfat has covered how expensive it is to mass produce bibles

• Island Man
    Island Man

"Oh how the mighty publishing house has fallen!"

• Jules Saturn
    Jules Saturn

Apparently the statistics, the yearbook information will be on JW.org no longer in print, which I'm actually kind of disappointed, I would've wanted a physical copy

• label licker
    label licker

If the end is so near, how are the sheep going to keep learning such life saving skills? This must be satan's doings.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

And they really expect the rank and file to keep on giving money when they are just making more and more cuts

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

I think we all see many more bethelites being "reassigned" in the near future.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Yeah, how things have changed

From the good ole days of everything in Brooklyn and wallkill and the GB with ties back to the board of directors. Barr, Barry, Booth, Ganges, Franz, Henschel, etc.

4 - 32 page magazines a month = 1536 pages a year

then it went to one Awake a month, and study and public watchtower for 1152 pages.

In 2013 they dropped the public to 16 pages for 768 pages

Then in 2016 it went to every other month for watchtower and Awake public for 576 pages

Now in 2018 it is 6 issues for public and 12X32 for study for 480 pages per year.

One quarter of what it used to be.

But no mention of how much money they will save as the reason, which we know it is.. Same with the yearbook which people get in print.

And they constantly mentioned that Jehovah blessed the move and location. The location is so it is less conspicuous and cheap land and the sale of the expensive NYC land.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

they were just recycling the same topics year after year after year and will probably continue to do so

Definitely. ATM III said as much. At the end of two years they will re-evaluate and if continuing printing will just reprint past articles. So, six mags a year, two years, twelve mags of 16 pages each. Should be real easy to just click a file and hit print. A trained monkey could do that. Heck maybe even Rubber Face could?

• Magnum
    Magnum

@#%$#!!! Wow! I can't believe this. This is really profound to me. I can't believe the mags cutback. In the old days, I really tried to read all the mags (four 32pg per month); I really did. But I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't keep up and I always felt guilty about it.

Now, there's almost nothing to read. I thought that quantity of "spiritual food" that we had in the old days was vital. So, it wasn't? I read all those junk, waste of time articles for nothing? The great leaders were wrong again? So, we didn't need that much after all? Same with the Congregation Book Study. It was supposed to vital; then it was done away with.

JWdom is sinking. I can't believe there's anybody with any sense left. I believe that the org is continuing to dumb everything down because it knows it's only going to get dummies from now on. The days of smart, well-read, well-balanced people becoming JWs are over.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"The days of smart, well-read, well-balanced people becoming JWs are over."

Yep...the internet is KILLING them! Yay internet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit