VICKI BOER CAMPAIGN FUND

by Dansk 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Wonderful, wonderful ideas...I'm in, too....

Not to hi-jack this thread, but if anyone sees this and is able???

I just posted this (below) on the "Help Vicki Right Now" thread.....would someone please start a "Media Blitz for Vicki" thread with the below info?...I've reached my topic limit for now....FB

Never mind...I just started one...

Frannie B

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Everyone,

Things are moving so I'll update you when everything is in place

Hillary, you have a PM.

Dansk

• observador
    observador

Add me to the list!

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I could not believe the result. I'll never look at Canada in the same way again. It sounds like it is the worst place for the molestation victims and the best place for the molesters. My husband and I will never ever go there for vacation, and I will tell others about this.

You can count on me and my husband for donation.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Vicki}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

I'M IN

• Makena1
    Makena1

A big YES from Makena.

Dansk, and others, thanks for your efforts.

Mak

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

As a reminder, let's not forget some of the victories that were won in this battle. The following is a link to the discussion here about the decision and the valuable language that is now part of the law here in Canada.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/54590/1.ashx

Some of the legal precedents in the Boer decision will be invaluable for future cases, whether in custody or child welfare.

Why the judge would rule this way after writing such a great legal decision is beyond me. But there are some victories in all of this. The vile part is they are earned at Vicki's expense.

Watch out Watch tower, karmas (fate kismet) a bitch.

Uzzah

• Simon
    Simon

I think the fundraising ideas are good, esp. a raffle - maybe we could have a mini lottery with a weekly or monthly draw? It doesn't have to be big but the main thing is that it is ongoing.

I'm not sure of the legalities of this (I'm sure there are some) but people could put in $10 and we have a draw and some of the money goes to the lucky winner with the rest going to whatever fund. This could hopefully be repeated maybe monthly to build up the amount over time.

Thoughts?

I agree about keeping any funds away from the WTS's grubby little paws and maybe a non formal agreement is best for this based on trust. If anything is signed over or allocated to them, even if offshore, then I suspect it will be treated as an asset (I'm no expert, jst going off how tax and stuff tends to work).

One other thing ... I hate to put the dampers on things but I think we should be realistic. Getting people to donate money is difficult and we're not going to put a small dent in such a big amount. What we can do though is show that we care and maybe put a smile on someones face once in a while.

• Dansk
    Dansk

expatbrit,

You have a PM.

Simon, I'm an optimist. I believe if everyone from all the exJW boards can be united in this it might turn out bigger than expected. I know fund raising is difficult, but the passion on here to help Vicki is very confidence boosting. We can only try - thank you so much for your support!

May I just ask everyone to please be patient for a day or so. We have to sought things out away from prying Watchtower eyes.

Dansk

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am in also 30.00 USA funds. BUT I cant work the palpen ( or what ever it is called) so I will send the check .( Dansk???? where.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit