Nina,

You have a PM.

Dansk

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Find your Member of Parliament using your Postal Code

Postal Code (e.g. A1A1A1)

Source: Statistics Canada - September 2002

http://www.parl.gc.ca/information/about/people/house/PostalCode.asp?Source=SM

In the meantime, here is another legal recourse. The injustice needs to be made public! The injustice needs to be put in the hands of the government. Tell the story!

And count on me for financial help as well!

ESTEE

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Count me in.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dansk,

Of course count me in. Please be aware of some practical details here.

On no account should this money be given to Vicki yet, or even be seen to be associated with her. It should be held in escrow by somebody who can be trusted. If the WTS, who DO monitor this board and the Canadian Courts hear of this fund they may seize it and hold it in escrow themselves. I have seen this happen before.

There are a number of practical actions that can be taken that I am working on at present. My own feeling is that the WTS fear bad publicity more than anything and they will react to it. They taught us the effectiveness of letter campaigns when we were asked to write to certain government officials when the WTS is persecuted in other lands. Flooding the Service Desks in Brookyln and Georgetown with letters of protest will help. Doing so each and every week, week in week out, month in month out with the same letter and same issue will mark a turning point in empowerment for XJW's. If 2,000 letters per week are sent to each service desk, 16,000 letters per month, 192,000 letters per annum - it will be noticed. The letter should be generic, identical and businesslike, perhaps one that could be composed by somebody on this Board and then printed out. It should be signed by hand, and the envelope addressed by hand. It will cost a dollar a week, $48.00 a year to mount his 'clog the wheels campaign'. Believe me, the newspapers love this sort of thing!

Next on the list will be emails to WTS legal. I have many of their email addresses, which will obviously be updated and changes by the owners regularly, but are not hard to track down.

As to newspaper and other media publicity, often the smaller local papers and TV stations are most effective as they are scoured by the 'big boys' ( who may be averse to starting the ball rolling ) who often pick up such stories as Vicki's and front page them. The WTS will not be defeated legally over this matter. I doubt an appeal will make any difference, although my advice to Vicki has been to lodge one until her head clears a little. Canada is a very conservative country and the 'old boys network', especially in the judiciary is a hard one to tackle, but eventaully everybody notices the media. Ask Hawk!

Bad PR will be effective if it is sustained and maintained.

Best regards - HS

• marsal
    marsal

I will contribute.

• happyout
    happyout

I'm in for $20 US

Happyout

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I wanted to add a couple of ideas towards this issue as well. The first being about ways of generating funds. I don't have any objection at all to the direct contributions, as per Hillary Step's escrow fund. Having done fund raising work in the past, I might suggest a few quick and easy ways to get a bit of extra cash for each individual, which they can choose to contribute if they desire.

1. Have your store product rebate checks sent directly to the escrow fund. I buy thousands of dollars of products each year, and many of these have those annoying rebates. I honestly don't bother most of the time in mailing off the rebates because I either forget about it, get too busy, or it isn't large enough dollar wise to motivate me. I would love to mail my rebate coupons all together to someone who would fill them out and mail them off.

2. When I did the starving college student scene years ago, I learned the joys of intentionally switching long distance services each month on my home phone. As phone companies are very competitive and offer dollar incentives, I would typically walk away with $40-$60 per month in either free long distance or with a check. There is no law that says you can't do this each month, and I sure took advantage of it.

3. One great way to get larger amounts of money for a fundraising drive is to do a raffle or contest. This is completely legal in most areas. You put up a nice, but affordable prize, and sell the tickets. It works great if you have a lot of contacts with other people. This might lend itself to the ex-JW community but as far as I know, it hasn't been tried yet.

Skipper

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I'm in for whatever will be most effective.

$, letters, emails, RPG's.

I think Nina's & HS's duly points should be noted. I'd hate to see all of the possible momentum that we have here being poured into a fruitless endeavor.

Let me know what we can do best to effectively help Vicki and to strike the bastards where it hurts. Let's strike while the iron is hot.

Winston.

• Swan
    Swan

Count me in for $10. I'm sure my husband is good for another $10 when I tell him about this.

The Fishers

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hillary,

On no account should this money be given to Vicki yet, or even be seen to be associated with her. It should be held in escrow by somebody who can be trusted.

This is already being worked on. As I said, this thread is merely to gauge the interest. Once we KNOW we can help Vicki re a fund we'll devise something.

I am well aware of Watchtower information gatherers here and it's a good heads up for others to know, also. I believe Watchtower has blown it big on this one by underestimating the feeling of other exJWs. Now is the time to strike and, as Hillary says, we need to keep the pressure on.

Thanks to all,

Dansk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit