VICKI BOER CAMPAIGN FUND

by Dansk 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Ascot,

I have it now, thank you. Just had my dinner, so will be replying!

Thanks,

Dansk

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Anything I can do to help, count me in. - V Sky

• waiting
    waiting

HEY SIMON!

Did you note this post on this thread (pg 5)?

Where can I find a post that says the most in less words as possible !!! That I can at least have an idea ... Thank you
    But anyway I will follow you ... just need to know

Or if someone can resume the story ...

That is ALWAYS the problem around here - and has nothing to do with you - just the way the forum continues. Before I turn this thread from it's important subject - please watch for a pm? That way, this thread can continue as......

HELP FOR VICKI & DAMN THE WATCHTOWER.

waiting

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hello Everyone,

I just want to apologize to everyone in this matter. Many have sent me "private inbox messages" or have called me up to discuss this issue. I have had to be very brief with many of you or have not called you back. That generally is not my style as many know.

I unfortunately am thoroughly bogged down at work and on the phone all the time it seems.

I will try my best to answer your questions more thoroughly or call you back when I can in the future.

Take care,

hawk

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Count me in.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont need to call me Hawk I found my answer>>>

• core
    core
    I agree about keeping any funds away from the WTS's grubby little paws and maybe a non formal agreement is best for this based on trust. If anything is signed over or allocated to them, even if offshore, then I suspect it will be treated as an asset (I'm no expert, jst going off how tax and stuff tends to work).

One other thing ... I hate to put the dampers on things but I think we should be realistic. Getting people to donate money is difficult and we're not going to put a small dent in such a big amount. What we can do though is show that we care and maybe put a smile on someones face once in a while.

as I posted on an earlier thread - yes it would be good to set up a Trust Fund away from the WT - as the WT are reading this they are rubbing their hands as they see pledges roll-in -

Canadian Law not my speciality but here in the UK Discretionary Trusts (funds administered by Trustees at their sole discretion in favour of the Trust Holder) are a simple thing and usually used to avoid Tax etc - Funds are deposited in an account and the Trustees can administer the income and or capital to ensure the welfare and well-being of the Trust Beneficiary - with small payments, amounts for specific costs etc .

Funds specifically established to help defray Court Costs (in the UK at least but I think this applies to the USA & Canada) are very dangerous as the Courts take the view they can demand a list of donors and the WT would be fre to "join" the donors to its claim against Vicki and hence hold each one liable to an equal portion of the total costs. Clear precedents of this exist in the UK with donors to such even being made bankrupt by the aggressive corporation pursuing its costs. Funds for this appeal COULD be held outside Canada ( & US) and would have more protection than if they were available in Continental America.

Emotions say collect money - sense says take good advice - do not do something rashly that might exacerbate the problem

PS in the UK any fundraising of any kind at all requires registration with the Charities Commission or else the collection is illegal and the funds are taken over by the Charities Commission to do with as they wish - remember the enemy here is evil, cunning and very very rich when it comes to legal costs.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Thanks, Core:

Emotions say collect money - sense says take good advice - do not do something rashly that might exacerbate the problem

This is all being considered. No money has been collected at all and none shall be until/unless everything is legally watertight. Legal advice is currently being sought.

Dansk

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Of interest in Young v. Young SCR (1995), the non-Witness parent tried to enjoin the congregation of Jehovah's WItnesses as well as bethel for their financial support of the JW parent in a custody hearing. The Society won that part of the battle in not making Bethel and the local congregation responsible for costs.

The Watch Tower successfully put into place current jurisprudence which would prevent them from trying to get the identity of donors and go after them for the $$.

Thank you Glen How & Associates.

Uzzah

• acsot
    acsot

Core:

Thanks for your post! I have printed it out - Dansk can fill you in on why

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit