HARSH FINAL COURT DECISION IN VICKI BOER V. WATCHTOWER TRIAL

by hawkaw 133 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Now this really pisses me off. The one thing the assholes at the watchtower don't want is publicity. So that is exactly what they should get. They don't need the money, they are just trying to send a message to those who sue them what will happen. The only way to shove it back in their faces is to let as many people as possible know what they are doing. Nothing does that better than a group of pissed off women with a cause. Nothing scares the hell out of politicians either than that same kind of group.

Since the watchtower has lost the ability to shut anyone up in this case they should then have to pay the consequences. They can't get away with this shit. This story should be put together in a short synopsis and sent to as many media outlets as possible. One of the things those who fight for rape victims don't want is for those victims to be silenced. This court ruling does exactly that. If I can get an email with the synopses of the story I will send it out to as many organizations dealing with this issue as possible. If everyone one who reads about this does the same thing it will encourage those who have a lot louder voices than we do here to help deal with this issue to fight back. A few thousand people sending a few thousand e-mails with this story should get someone's attention. I have done this type of thing before and it works.

The last thing these people want is for rape victims to be strong armed into silence. The watchtower organization is doing just that and they should be exposed as the cold hearted cult that they are.

Hawkaw, do you have something written up in a few paragraphs that we can start sending out? I want to get those bastards and shove it right back in their face.

Here are just a few links to rape victims help web sites that need to hear about this.

http://www.whofoundation.org/WhoWeHelp_RapeVictims.htm

http://www.norape.com/

http://www.feminist.com/rainn.htm

http://www.feminist.org/news/newsbyte/uswirestory.asp?id=7988

http://www.parentalalert.com/

http://www.rapevictimadvocates.org/

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hawk,

I wish I was surprised - I am not. I have seen how these people act from the inside and this is not unusual behavior.

Perhaps what has been missed here is that fact that the WTS have a highly respected profile within the Canadian judicial system. Its long, tenacious but eventually successful battle against the disgusting excesses of Duplesis in Quebec during the fifties impacted the Canadian Constitution and eventaully formed part of the Bill Of Rights.

Glen How as you may know was actually granted an award from the Canadian Government for his work during that period and is still viewed as a first class lawyer who is prepared to fight to the death to protect democratic freedom of speech. This is how the WTS describes his work :

Consistently and courageously, for more than fifty years, he has fought legal battles to advance civil liberties. The landmark cases he argued before the Supreme Court on behalf of Jehovah's Witnesses enshrined all Canadians' right to freedom of speech, assembly and religious expression and helped pave the way for the Canadian Bill of Rights and Charter of Rights and Freedoms. A man of conscience, he has, for minimal compensation, defended clients in every province of Canada, many American states and several other countries.

Believe me, I know Canadian judiciary who would add their own ten cents worth to this adulation and be proud to do so. The WTS is a powerful social force within Canada, most everybody there has a relative who is a JW and to all intents and purposes a fine and upright citizen. They are a very difficult people group to bring to book in Canada.

Justice cannot work independently of the establishment as it is part of the establishment, as can be seen by Justice Malloy?s decision. She well knows that probably Ms. Boer?s only recourse is to declare bankruptcy and that this decision will likely haunt Vicki financially for many years, but this decision is a lot less painful to the legal system than setting a precedent against those who have written part of the Canadian Constitution.

My ire is not directed towards the WTS, or Justice Malloy who are just dealing within the system and doing what they are ?paid? to do, it is leveled at the advisers of Vicki Boer. At one stage she was offered a much, much larger sum than $20,000. She should have been advised to take it, the news of this moral and financial victory could quite easily have been leaked all over the place without infringing on the WTS gag order, but of course retrospect is a fine teacher.

?.And justice does not care for the hunting in the night

it is hidden by the wallets that tug it out of sight?.

HS

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

BASTARDS!!!!!

edited because I'm losing it.

Walter

• Seven
    Seven
    I strongly suspect Vicki is thinking that she was just raped again. I suspect this is going to be very painful and I would urge all to support her in this mess. I am very proud of what she has accomplished in exposing what has gone on and I know it there will come a day thanks to her that young children and women may actually be properly protected in this organization.

The manner in which the WT and her own country's legal system has treated her is beyond horrific. It's disgusting and evil that she be further punished by possibly losing everything her and her family has in order to tell her story. What she has done for kids will never be forgotten.

{{{{{Vicki and family}}}}}} Hugs are nice but won't pay your bills-how can we help?

seven

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I am not sure if declaring bankruptcy would discharge her of court costs. Maybe someone else with better legal understanding can explain the following. The Canadian Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act under the heading; Debts not released by order of discharge says.

178. (1) An order of discharge does not release the bankrupt from

(a) any fine, penalty, restitution order or other order similar in nature to a fine, penalty or restitution order, imposed by a court in respect of an offence, or any debt arising out of a recognizance or bail;

(a.1) any award of damages by a court in civil proceedings in respect of

(i) bodily harm intentionally inflicted, or sexual assault, or

(ii) wrongful death resulting therefrom;

(b) any debt or liability for alimony;

(c) any debt or liability under a support, maintenance or affiliation order, or under an agreement for maintenance and support of a spouse, former spouse, former common-law partner or child living apart from the bankrupt;

(d) any debt or liability arising out of fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation or defalcation while acting in a fiduciary capacity or, in the Province of Quebec, as a trustee or administrator of the property of others;

(e) any debt or liability for obtaining property by false pretences or fraudulent misrepresentation;

(f) liability for the dividend that a creditor would have been entitled to receive on any provable claim not disclosed to the trustee, unless the creditor had notice or knowledge of the bankruptcy and failed to take reasonable action to prove his claim;

(g) any debt or obligation in respect of a loan made under the Canada Student Loans Act, the Canada Student Financial Assistance Act or any enactment of a province that provides for loans or guarantees of loans to students where the date of bankruptcy of the bankrupt occurred

(i) before the date on which the bankrupt ceased to be a full- or part-time student, as the case may be, under the applicable Act or enactment, or

(ii) within ten years after the date on which the bankrupt ceased to be a full- or part-time student; or

(h) any debt for interest owed in relation to an amount referred to in any of paragraphs (a) to (g).

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/B-3/text.html

Will

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sick bastards. They kick her when she's down.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Tell her to move to the USA, then. I'd think she find at least a little more sympathy for her cause here. She also could stick O Canada and the WT for the cash.

No judge with a half-a-conscience would impose penalties on rape victims.

ash

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

What about notifiying womans groups against abuse and getting the word out that way??

Will

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Will,

I am not sure if declaring bankruptcy would discharge her of court costs.

From what I understand, you are quite right. You may decalre banckruptcy but as long as a court judgement stands you will never be able to have credit, own a house etc until the full amount is paid into court.

Best - HS

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

One angle I would hope gets exposed is that the Society tells its adherents it is better to be defrauded than to take a brother to court.

Yet here they have someone who has been emotionally and physically assaulted as a young person, further tormented by a religion who attempted to buy her off and her silence.

Then when she won even a 'small victory' (in their eyes) they take her to court suing her for costs.

So again it is one standard for the church another for its members. Individuals should be willing to take a loss but the Wt Society will sue anyone they damn well please.

Note Vicki albeit inactive is still a JW in good standing. Lying hypocrites.

The presses are rolling with this. Hopefully the optics will bite them in the ass. Or maybe if they are smart (WT SPIES PLEASE READ) they will announce in the media how they are happy with the victory and will not make Vicki pay. This would be the smartest PR move they could make. In their arrogance they won't but it would be great optics for them. HINT HINT WATCHTOWER Maybe doing the right thing once this decade will be a salve to your consciences.

A very upset Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit