SINGLE or MARRIED : What do you LIKE and DISLIKE

by frenchbabyface 87 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

SINGLE or MARRIED or LIVING WITH SOMEONE (if you can talk about)

what do you :

• like in your situation
    • dislike in your situationFor better understanding please tell us also your Age
      and if you are single : please tell us if you have been married or lived with someone befor

Ok ... To me : single / 36 / never really lived with somebody (but dated 11 years with the same guy with a few long and not long separations)

What I like : This gonna very short
    in order
    the talks even if I agree or disagree, the hugs (both on the same level)the common projects (any kind)

What I dislike : This gonna very short also
    I feel like I can't really be myself all the time (whish is always an issue)
    Don't feel like to have someone home every single day, cause I need to be alone most of the time

BUT still I like to be there whenever he needs me for real !!! (for whatever like : for or and when he is or or and of course for )

what about you ?

• sens
    sens

((((FrenchBabyFace)))))

I have sent 'him'(mr counterstrike) to the abyss (his mothers) and he can stay there , pref. for 1,000 years

• Special K
    Special K

I love being married....

What I like is our level of committment to each other, and to our children.

I find our parenting skills complement each other.

I enjoy our common goals. I also enjoy that we each have individual goals.. I cheer and support him as he reaches for his goals and he supports me in mine.

sincerely

special k

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Right now, I'm living on my own (moving this weekend), and I'm engaged with wedding plans in the making.

I have lived with someone before, but I didn't realize what I had until it was gone (I realized IT wasn't that great).

What I like about my situation is that I know I'm getting the actual commitment rather than just an idea of being married.

What I don't like about my situation is I'm going to be struggling with my financial situation until she moves in with me.

But, just for argument's sake, I'll give you my view and experience of being single, and being in a committed relationship...

Positives to Being Single: It can be fun, exciting, and challenging playing the dating game. You discover what you like and don't like in the opposite sex. You also have all the freedom you want.
    Negatives to Being Single: If you figure out how the whole game works, it becomes too easy and ends up being boring. It turns into a never-ending cycle of meet, date, breakup. You also become more prone to STDs.

Positives to Being in a Relationship: You get to invest in a mate. There is no boring cycle because you're continually advancing. You get to experience living with someone, having children with them, etc. You can also develope trust in the other person. Very low risk of STDs.
    Negatives to Being in a Relationship: Less freedom and making sacrifices. There is also the risk factor of investing in something that may or may not last.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I love being married...

I like frequent or at least regular sex

I dislike the women I've been married to

• rocketman
    rocketman

Being married 20 + years is pretty cool. You build a history together as a couple. You can look back on that and cherish it (provided it's good, lol).

What I don't like - there's not much to dislike, but sometimes, I do feel "tied down" and yes, when I meet a cute woman at work or something, sure, it's tempting to think 'I wish I was available'. But those thoughts are generally fleeting anyway.

So overall, I give it a thumbs up.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

vWell I'm still in college and I live with my parents on the weekends and with roomies during the week. So there is no alone and I crave that. I enjoy my quiet times and solitude.

I hope I don't get married or end up in a commited relationship. I don't want kids. I don't want a life mate. I want a nice career with the income and freedom to allow me to travel and explore. While marriage is great for my parents I'm fairly certain it wouldn't be for me.

I won't date exclusive either. If someone expects that it's time to move on.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Well, I'm married, but that's coming to an end. It's been a loveless marriage for a long time now, and since I left the org we have nothing at all in common.

Walter

• Badger
    Badger

I'm Single now for two and a half years.

I miss:

The intimacy...not just the sex (although that's great, too), but having someone who let you into their life and into their private moments. It wasn't often, but if treasured when my ex let me see her other side.

Sharing what I have...I love an audience, and someone I can share stories, worries and wins with is really satisfying.

Support...Again, it didn't happen often, but I was moved to tears by the few times that my ex actually stood up for me and let me know she was behind me.

I don't miss...

The clash of personalities...my wife was not at all yeilding, so any time spent in a disagreement never saw any compromises.

Absences...she was frequently gone, and I always spent time and money taking her to her parents for a week/2 weeks. She never really acte like she missed me.

Maybe I was just with the wrong person....

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Absences...she was frequently gone, and I always spent time and money taking her to her parents for a week/2 weeks. She never really acte like she missed me.

I've been through that. My ex would go out with her friend for a "girl's night out". When I awoke the next morning, she wasn't there and there was no note, or any message left on the answering machine. I refused to accept that she never really gave a shit about me or how I worried that something had happened to her. Then she'd walk in the door at 3:00pm and say "Oh, I slept at Lynn's place". Who knows if she really did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit