SINGLE or MARRIED : What do you LIKE and DISLIKE

by frenchbabyface 87 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

So.. positives: Appreciating this person, and finding that moments where we disagree give us the opportunity to affirm our commitment to each other. We've learned a lot in patience and listening. We know how to go out of the way for each other. We complement each other, and this on every level. We are, but are not, like each other. Working out "love" in our daily life has good as well as hard moments, but all of them worthwhile!

I can get irritated by my husband's idiosyncrasies, but I'm getting better at re-framing them as opportunities to quit being so dang self-centered. But that is a challenge, not a negative thing. So, all in all, I HONESTLY can't find a negative thing about marriage that isn't really an outgrowth of my own self-obsession. Marriage is a great discipliine, but a verrrrrry good one to have.

Comment:

As for us, we travel to other countries and continents, we buy each other gifts, and have plenty of time to spend doting on each other. Kids change that, and you have to be really ready for that kind of garbage.

Dear Ash, you clearly speak without understanding about how love for a child can be as great (or sometimes greater) than love for a spouse or b/f or g/f.. (This love is not guaranteed, of course, considering dead-beat dads and pedophiles, etc.) Parents constantly discover, to their immense surprise, that love for their children will compel them to do things they would never have considered doing for even themselves, if their kid is in trouble. ...Also... like dating, a parent will take their kids to zoos and Disneyland, buy them gifts and toys of every sort, and wish they had more time to spend doting on their kids. "Kids change that" by enlarging the focus of your love, and it ain't garbage.

...I, too, was clueless about this point until I had a child. But it is still good advice, I think, to wait a while before having a child, if possible, so that a couple can get prepared emotionally for the change.

bebu and 2 cents

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Bedu : Well it seems to work for you ... Best wishes

----

Ok as far as nobody answered to my questionsI had to ask my son this morning
    And if someone feel the same maybe it can help

And you know what my sweet son told me !!!
    This guy know me way too much, I should have ask him first
    he said :

"As a woman I should stay a woman"
    well I couldn't take that so I said WHAT ??? !!! (I could'nt believe what I've heard I mean FROM HIM !!!)
    and he said :
    "If they don't know how sensitive you are they will protect themselves
    as far as you also only protect yourself whatever you do they are not THAT dumb
    and they are also sensitive, so it won't lead anywhere ... but only to sick games"

Well it make sense ... (and the "only" have its importance here) ...But still ... I'm scared ...

Whatever ...

• KiraNOTKaren
    KiraNOTKaren

FREE AT LAST! FREE AT LAST!

As of today I am no longer going to pursure this long distance relationship! YIPPEE! this dude has too many issues -no wonder he is still single!! He has pushed me from 95% lezzie to 99.9% lezzie!! LOL!

imagine that LOL

~Kira

• sens
    sens
    He has pushed me from 95% lezzie to 99.9% lezzie!! LOL!

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeah ... KIRA

• KiraNOTKaren
    KiraNOTKaren

HIGH FIVE > ((((((Sens & Frenchie))))))

Kira

• Perry
    Perry
    I mean I'm trying to be as honest as possible here !!!
    AM I SICK ? cause somehow it SUCKS... I don't know

frenchy,

You are so sweet, and definitely not sick. It sounds to me like you are simply doing things to protect yourself. The only problem with protecting yourself too much is that it blocks out the good feelings of trust, acceptance, and well being that comes with surrendering to someone. That is dangerous yes, but in my opinion should at least be a goal, even if not a likely one.

One thing I have learned; if you don't feel comfortable enough with someone to really be yourself....don't. Most people don't really want to know the real you..... that's the sad truth about dating in my opinion. But, some do. Those are the ones you can get deep with and allow yourself to feel safe in their company. Everything takes time. But, at least we don't have the ball and chain of the Society dooming us to ignorance.

I was a serial dater for a while after leaving the WTBS. I learned a lot. It feels naked to expose yourself to someone .... some people are worthy, some are not. In the meantime, the games continue. That's just the way it works I guess in the world of dating.

Perry

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Oh thank you Perry !!!
    I'm happy that at least one person talled me that I am not "totally" insane ... (LOL ... the totally is totally not totally)
    Yes I guess, I've forget about the balance here in many ways ... and my instinct (but still I'm scared )

Because of what you said ... but, I'm alive and will go trought it whatever happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit