Derek Chauvin - The Right to a Fair Trial

by Simon 240 Replies latest social current

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

<Sigh> This is tedious, and why I rarely debate this stuff anymore.

"Did you read the article"?

Quote from the article:

restricted Mr. Floyd’s breathing by flattening his rib cage against the pavement

I don't know your personal anatomy, but my rib cage is not in my neck.

Repetition for emphasis:

His testimony may help prosecutors overcome the fact that the official autopsy report did not use the word “asphyxia,” and seemed to make irrelevant the exact position of Mr. Chauvin’s knees, which has come up several times.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

restricted Mr. Floyd’s breathing by flattening his rib cage against the pavement - a knee on a person's shoulders doesn't necessarily flatten the ribcage enough to cause death by lack of oxygen.

We still don't know what caused George Floyd's death. This needs to be established in a court of law.

The prosecution will no doubt call experts to the stand who will claim Floyd was killed by Chauvin; the defense will call experts who will claim that the amount of drugs in Floyd's system is reasonable doubt re allegations of murder; the defense will also claim that available evidence doesn't support the murder claim beyond reasonable doubt.

The pro-BLM MSM have already declared Chauvin guilty of murder before the trial, lol.

• Simon
    Simon
    I don't know your personal anatomy, but my rib cage is not in my neck.

So you confirm, he was following correct procedure as per police policy.

He died from fentanyl.

Acquittal.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I see.

Lacking the ability to refute the arguments made by the expert witness, the best defense is now

Floyd was no angel

he died of a drug overdose

Chauvin's knee wasn't touching his neck the entire 9 minutes

Some people were convinced of the officer's guilt prior to trial, therefore....he must be not guilty?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Lacking the ability to refute the arguments made by the expert witness - both sides, the prosecution and defense, are gonna call expert witnesses.

You know how the US legal system works, right? lol

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    So you confirm, he was following correct procedure as per police policy.
    He died from fentanyl.

I'm rapidly losing interest in rebutting bad faith arguments, but here is one more attempt before I go off and do something else.

“You’re seeing here fatal injury to the brain from a lack of oxygen,” Dr. Tobin said.
    The jury has heard repeatedly that police officers are taught that
    restraining people facedown is dangerous. Dr. Tobin walked the
    jury through exactly why, explaining first that simply being in the
    prone position reduces lung capacity.
    On top of that, a knee on the neck compressed Mr. Floyd’s airway,
    he said, and the weight on his back alone made it three times
    harder than normal to breathe.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@FFGhost - you're actually not interested in having a debate at all.

It's Dr Tobin's opinion that Floyd had a fatal injury to the brain from a lack of oxygen, and that this was caused by Chauvin's knee on Floyd's neck.

In a court of law Dr Tobin's claims will be contested.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@FFGhost: Follow the trial, not the media, it will be eye-opening. Two expert witnesses initially called by the prosecution have now been called back by the defense to testify on their behalf. They both testified that a) this is the correct way of handling the situation b) this is how they would've done it c) the knee was not on the neck, it was on the shoulder and the back, according to protocol d) the situation was exacerbated by drugs.

The media isn't covering the trial because they are lying to you, they only report on what the prosecution has to say, but not when the defense completely shellacks both the prosecution and the witness. They have a narrative that they need to uphold, the defense only has to prove reasonable doubt. And there is plenty of reasonable doubt, the EMT's testified that he was still alive, he died on the way to the hospital, Floyd said he "ate too many drugs", the media spins this as he said "he didn't do drugs", when he was clearly high and had so much Fentanyl and Meth in his body, his own friend, the drug dealer doesn't want to testify for he would be prosecuted for murder but others indicated he was already having problems waking him up.

This is the timeline: they were trying to run from the police, he got in the car and became comatose, hence why him and his buddies were still there when the police showed up, then he became very irrational, started yelling, he said he couldn't breathe when he was still in the police car which he resisted going in, so they took him out, he resisted coming out, they called EMT, he was sitting on the ground, then he became violent, the police held him down and he was struggling, he stopped struggling about the time when EMT arrived and he had no pulse (or weak/irregular pulse, depending on what point in the timeline) when EMT arrived, he was still speaking incoherent, then went comatose and was declared dead later in the hospital. All this happened in the timespan of about 10-15 minutes while there was a mob forming threatening the police officers.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

The long enduring pressure against Floyd's neck by police officer Chauvin was the cause of him blacking out and eventually dying.

If officer Chauvin lets say placed his knee only onto his shoulder area he probably wouldn't have blacked out and gone into cardiac arrest.

There have been other people who have died from a police officer's choke hold during a physical altercation.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The long enduring pressure against Floyd's neck by police officer Chauvin was the cause of him blacking out and eventually dying - there is reasonable doubt that Floyd's death happened this way.

The defense team will no doubt contest this version of events (which the media have slavishly promoted) at trial.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit