Derek Chauvin - The Right to a Fair Trial

by Simon 240 Replies latest social current

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The whole world has watched that video with disgust,

The Minneapolis use of force police coordinator Lt Mercil called the knee restraint seen on film "unauthorised" and an "act of aggression." LA police sgt Stiger called it "excessive" force.

The fentanyl/cardiac disease hypothesis are embarrassing.

Let personal bias and prejudices begin....

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@snare: The prosecution’s own use-of-force expert, upon cross examination, admitted it was not excessive and authorized, given what was going on around them, and what had transpired before the video - you know, context. Let that sink in a bit. The *prosecution* put up the expert witness. That witness said that actually Chauvin could have tased Floyd up front - a more aggressive use.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Not knowing anything about drugs in his system at the time of the arrest but if he was high on fentanyl he would have not been so alert and aggressive, fentanyl is stronger than heroin.

Well, he was on a mixture. The dealer was selling him meth with fentanyl. But, keep in mind, during the arrest, the cops have no idea what he has in his system. They knew he was on something, but what exactly, they would only find out later.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    he Minneapolis use of force police coordinator Lt Mercil called the knee restraint seen on film "unauthorised" and an "act of aggression." LA police sgt Stiger called it "excessive" force.

It's almost as if CNN started posting on the board. Half truths, and selective reporting

Btw, I think Chauvin will be found guilty of ...something. Not to worry, because for the radical communists and the fake anti-racist hysteria mob it won't be enough. They will find a way to justify more business burning, violence, and attacks on the innocent.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    The whole world has watched that video with disgust,

This is true. But like many of these situations, it is wise to wait a bit. It *looked* bad at the time. Now, as we get more context, a different picture emerges - a drastically different picture.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Btw, I think Chauvin will be found guilty of ...something.

I agree. This may be political enough that he is found guilty of the felony murder charge. My guess is felony murder, then it get appealed. Two years from now, it will work its way up and get overturned... quietly.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

My guess is felony murder

For that to go through the prosecution would have to prove that Chauvin intentionally tried to kill Floyd and the other cop that was holding him down.

Kind of doubtful of that more like aggravated assault causing death.

Maybe perhaps manslaughter.

Either way there is bound to be a group of people who will reject and protest the verdict outcome.

That you can count on.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The cops are at fault here - do black people have any agency and responsibilities?

I feel the need to ask because it's unclear from your comments what you think on this matter ...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Let personal bias and prejudices begin - of course there are biases and prejudices … on both sides.

Lots of people have called Chauvin a murderer before the trial even began. <---- those people are prejudiced and biased, too, right Snare?

• waton
    waton

When I see the size of this Alpha male being arrested by these smallish law officers, surrounded by a hostile mob,

I wonder how is it they were so restraint in their use of force, to enforce the law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit