Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave? The recent changes and the Governing Body's 10 year plan

by redsetter2 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redsetter2 - “…All they expect is absolute obedience and quickly readjusting to changes without question…”

They’re expecting lifelong ultraconservative followers to simply… convert to more liberal views overnight?

With a minimum of fuss?

Yeah, no way that’ll ever go sideways.

😏

• KerryKing
    KerryKing

Does anyone happen to have a list of the 340 religions the UN claims to have on its one world religion initiative?

• redsetter2
    redsetter2

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/1bhxt7h/remember_uredsetter1/

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/1bi05w1/beware_of_decoys/

Already on Reddit I'm gaining much attention, what a shame about the "beware of decoys" article. You can't please everyone.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redsetter2- “…The Evil Slave may refer to the Governing Body of today in the event legal issues cause them to completely disband. Otherwise, the evil slave will simply refer to wicked men who manage to take the lead in Jehovah's Organization today…”

They’re seriously willing to go that far down the rabbit hole?

Who amongst them would they specifically kick to the curb to take the heat? Uncle Tony’s already gone. What, they’re gonna draw straws to see who falls on their sword just to prop up the Tower a little longer?

Me? I’d use Ted Jaracz as the scapegoat if I was gonna go that route…

…the asshole’s already dead so he can’t complain, nobody liked or missed him, and painting him as the villain would be easy and appropriate, considering it’s his fucking legacy that created the mess they’re in in the first place.

😏

• avoidjw
    avoidjw
    https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/1bhxt7h/remember_uredsetter1/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/1bi05w1/beware_of_decoys/
    Already on Reddit I'm gaining much attention, what a shame about the "beware of decoys" article. You can't please everyone

You are self-obsessed. Do you not realise that your first link is from a female teen who is only about 17 or 18 years of age?

The second link is from someone who is smart enough to view you with suspicion.

Anyone can claim to be a high ranking JW and utter any type of nonsense. Any reasoning person would do well to read what you say with a healthy dose of skepticism and criticism.

• RonPOMO
    RonPOMO

If this is the same person and not someone just stirring shit up using the same user name...

Give me the instructions to verify you redsetter2. I'll call right now.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There is no way in hell they would adopt those sex policy changes. No way, no how, not in a hundred years. That's where I draw the line. The only thing I might see them lightening up on is what a married couple do with each other behind closed doors.

I do see them making a lot of the other changes, though. Definitely regarding some of the "soft holidays" and birthdays. I definitely also see them simplifying prophetic teachings, since their entire dogma has been dumbed down massively already over the past 20 years.

Yes on tattoos and piercings. Those things are fully accepted in the younger generations, being mainstream. You can have piercings now anyway and it's not going to get you DFd. Maybe restricted from "priveleges," but they're not that big a deal, so it isn't a stretch that they'd eventually give up on it completely.

I don't understand the paragraph on the "Evil Slave" at all. Not sure what the message on that is.

Yes on all the publishing/assembly changes.

And yes on the dynamic changing with the CO and elders. If they want to appoint more elders and MSs (the "worker bees" of the org), their standards will have to come down (as if they aren't low enough already). And if that's the case, they'd need the COs to be proactively involved in appointments and take on more responsibility in that respect. Interesting about the permanence of the CO in a given region. Almost reminds me of the role of a bishop in the catholic and orthodox churches.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redsetter2 - “… The Revelation prophecies and Isaiah and Daniel prophecies will be completely rebranded and diluted to refer to more ‘faith strengthening’ lessons on how Jehovah would help his people during the Last Days and into the 1000 year reign of Christ…”

That’s… kinda believable, actually…

…Fred Franz’s old Cold-War-centric End-Times narrative has gotten pretty dated (and all but logistically impossible at this point), and we’ve actually heard rumblings about some CO palaver down in Florida to go over upcoming changes to WT eschatology.

It does make me wonder just how and where they’d find someone with the creative chops to pull it off, though.

• redsetter2
    redsetter2

AvoidJW

This is an Ad Hominem I presume? I can keep up with Reddit without participating or agreeing with posts if I wish, this is a free world after all. I don't condemn those who disagree with my actions, they have the same amount of freedom and the right to disagree as I have. We are trying to escape a high control cult after all.

• redsetter2
    redsetter2

RonPOMO

You have my word, pm me if you need any details other than what you already know, then you can call WHQ to verify with ease.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit