US anti-abortionist faces execution

by ignored_one 217 Replies latest social current

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* syrup...I do live in the middle of Dallas' version of Soddom and Ghemorrah...I wouldn't live anywhere in Dallas...its open and friendly here and I love Drunk Pride Day...ummm I mean Gay Pride Day...There is always have a great parade and the party goes on forever...you should travel here sometime...I could get some of my gay friends together we could take you out and show you the good times here. The last time I went to a gay club I puked over a balcony and hit this drag queen...*LOL* He/She was pissed...*LOL* it is nice here though, the gay community is pretty much centralized and they have called my part of town home....lots of rennovation, and also community involvement.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Buster
    Buster

Okay, this topic heated up while I was on my way home.

Yeru, you asked:

why isn't it ok to kill a baby after it's been born since it's ok to kill one before it's been born?

I never stated any such thing. You read the words in my post, but didn't get the point. It has nothing to do with defending abortion. I am comfortable discussing my views, but I didn't defend abortion. That post was about the motivation, or lack thereof, of those that claim beliefs expounded by Hill.

You stated:

But I would lay down MY life to stop it from happening.

Yet this happens all the time, in you opinion, murder of an innocent person. And yet here you are, posting away.

Also, I painted no such group as radical. Believe it or not, if you reread my post, you may see that I portrayed him as at least sincere.

Then:

Why is it you feel a woman has a right to kill the baby that's inside her, but not the one outside her?

I have a lot of respect for you my friend. I have read a lot of your posts. You are well-thought and sincere. But I think we could exchange opinions a bit more smoothly if you avoided such tired rhetoric.

- Buster

• Aztec
    Aztec

*sleepily and noisely falls down to sleep and yells in a tiny voice* Yay Buster!

~Az

• Buster
    Buster

Stacey Smith,

I think you missed the point, too. I am addressing the sincerity of those that claim that all life in the womb is already a person. If you claim so, and yet you feel innocent babies are being butchered daily, I have to wonder why you would limit yourself to legal means. You start your post with 'any means possible.' Then you mitigate it by saying you would want to stay within the law.

I suggest that it is absurd to feel the need to stay within the law when defending the life of an innocent person. I wouldn't. And that is what my post was about.

And the picture? I like it a lot. I was just remarking that from the time I wrote the post, and when I went back to look for a reply, you had changed it.

Nice talking to you,

- Buster Smith

(Thanks Az)

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I have to wonder why you would limit yourself to legal means

Buster I am not going to kill anyone. Not a baby, fetus or abortion doctor. I'm sure you must understand that. I disagree with the law as it stands currently. I'm not willing to kill anyone over it. For some reason you seem to believe that anyone that is prolife should be willing to kill over it. I would say that pro lifers would be the last people willing to kill. Those that have killed over abortion are no better than the people they hate.

I am not rigid here. Rape is a consideration for abortion. In fact there are several considerations. But I do know people that have used abortion as a form of birth control.

I didn't change the photo over any comments. I submitted a new photo either yesterday or the day before. I felt people might better be able to see who I am with a close up than with the previous photo. Plus I was laughing in that first photo and my goofy laugh sucks. I snort and make weird noises. Everytime I see a photo of me laughing I remember how stupid I laugh.

• Buster
    Buster

Stacey, all right, we're gettin' there. If I read correctly, you wouldn't kill anyone. (I gathered that from you're statement that you're "not going to kill anyone.")

Anyway, so if you saw someone on the street killing innocent person after innocent person, you wouldn't feel justified in killing the offender? (Remember in my hypothetical situation in the earlier post, the killing was legal) Even if the victims, dozens or hundreds of them, were innocent children? You would hold to an ethic? You would stay within legal means and let the massacre continue?

I know the situation I posit is hypothetical. But, if you truly believe what you say, then you stand by and watch exactly that scenario every day.

- Buster

Oh, and I wasn't suggesting you changed the pic because of any comments. Just that I noticed it change while I was looking for a reply.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Buster there are legal issues to consider. Let's say a big strong man, like you, is being attacked and beaten to death by thugs. That I would understand. So then a sexually confused pistol packer such as myself comes along. Would I pull the gun out and plug those bad guys. I'm not sure so I don't pack a gun. I pack a cell phone. But maybe, just maybe I'd drill the punks. I wouldn't be breaking the law would I? But I can't see myself taking a life.

Buster are you certain I stand by and do nothing over abortion? Maybe I'm one of those that is willing to work inside the system to make changes, legally.

You won't be able to get me to say that I would kill to stop killing. I certainly wouldn't set myself as a deadly judge such as the executed jerk did.

Let me also say that it would be very easy to become pro choice. I can not live on campus with my political views. I would be attacked daily in the dorms over my beliefs and it just wouldn't be safe for me there. So I live off campus in a tiny apartment with friends. My friends don't share my views either but they are cool about it.

You really strech your example of killing hundreds of innocent people on the streets legally. That's hard to equate. It's hard to imagine. But I understand the point you are making. I do think of fetuses at babies so it's hard to swallow what goes on.

So anyway, if your formula was correct then I guess I'd have to be a hypocrit. I'm not willing to kill. I'm just a simple girl that believes we shouldn't kill. I didn't like the killing in Iraq either. It's the world wide past time, killing people.

By your equation Buster I would think that anyone who is in favor of abortion should also be in favor of the death penalty, right? Did I get right?

OK I'm going to bed and not because you don't get it. You get it, you just disagree with me. I'm going to bed because I have an ugly professor to look at in 9 hours.

• Buster
    Buster

Miss Smith, I think you got it. (except for one thing: I don't relate belief in the death penalty to a stance on abortion. Lets save that for another thread)

Good nite.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Alan F said:

On the one hand we have a government that wants to execute murderers; on the other we have a government that wants to kill people for stealing land. Which is the worse crime? Murder or stealing land?

Let's see a substantive response, please.

The difference is one of pre-meditation. Firstly, we have a government that wants to execute murderers under a system known as capital punishment. So the government is now judge and executioner.

Then we have a government that does not want to kill people, what it wants to do is to defend it's own land against an invader. The killing comes when the invader will not withdraw. The invader has the choice of surrendering and preserving life, the executee has no such choice. The invader is not being punished, the condemned person is being punished.

Englishman.

• avishai
    avishai

Avishai-

She was talking to Stacey I think. . .and is that your pic? Hmmm. . .
    Yup, it's me. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit