US anti-abortionist faces execution

by ignored_one 217 Replies latest social current

• Englishman
    Englishman

I think that most civilised countries have grown out of legally murdering their own citizens. I guess America will catch up one day.

Englishman.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I hope we don't Englishman. I hope we don't catch up with the rest of the world.

Instead I hope we speed up the execution process

• Englishman
    Englishman

Here's the fixture list for the rest of the year:

Englishman.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Just a handful of executions? Why at this rate the murderers will have huge gains over the executioners.

• AlanF
    AlanF

E-man, America may be killing some of its most onerous citizens, but it isn't murdering them. Murder is illegal killing, but under certain circumstances all countries will legally kill people. "Legally", of course, meaning according to their own laws.

I suspect that most Brits had no problem with the U.K. murdering Argentinian citizens in the Malvinas some years ago (see how easy it is to use loaded language to prejudice an argument?).

AlanF

• Englishman
    Englishman

Alan F,

Yes you're right, I should have used the expression "killing it's own citizens" instead of "murdering it's own citizens".

I guess maybe when we were hanging people we became inured to it. It's only the passage of time and our own non-involvement that leads us to think that we can judgementally wag our fingers at nations who still indulge.

I will still wag my finger though. Sorry, but I will.

Meanwhile, to paraphrase Penn Jillette, if you've got to have capital punishment you might as well enjoy it!

Englishman.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Good! Glad this ass is getten' the switch!

• AlanF
    AlanF

I certainly don't mind your wagging your finger, E-man. I'm also a bit uncomfortable with some aspects of capital punishment, particularly because of the way our so-called justice system often makes mistakes -- but that's more a problem with how law enforcement people do their jobs, and the proper gathering of evidence, than with the notion of captial punishment itself. Anyway, I'm certainly not uncomfortable doing away with people who self-admittedly or beyond a shadow of doubt demonstrate no respect for human life. I think it's the rare person whose own 'ox' has been gored who is still against killing the murderer of a loved one.

Take the Falkland Islands once again as an example. I think it's the rare Brit -- or rare European for that matter -- who would oppose Britain's going to war if some country again invaded the Falklands. I think you'll agree. But here I see a double standard, since here it's a lot less evident that the invaders deserve killing than a convicted murderer does. I mean, we're only talking about a few nearly worthless pieces of land, right? Against the value of human life, right?

AlanF

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

E-man-

I believe when a person endangers the country that they are a citizen of (for example murdering other citizens) they are forfeiting their right to life. Living in this country and being a citizen brings with it responsibilities. If you do not accept these responsibilities as most other citizens do then you do not have the same rights as others. In the case of willful, premeditated, self-admitted murder, a person knows the consequences, and therefore accept the penalty.

Ignored_One-

I'm glad to see the guy go!!

Yeru-

I've never understood the pro-babymurder point of view.

You sure have a way with words. I personally take offense to your point of view as well, so I guess we're equal.

As a man in the military I would be far more afraid of you than an abortion doctor or expectant teenage mother. Oh wait. I forgot, all is fair in love and war right? So the murdering of babies (whether accidental or deliberate) is an acceptable risk when warring with another country. . I got it!!

• Buster
    Buster

I've always felt that anyone that deeply, sincerely believed that abortion is murdering a living baby would be compelled to act the same as Hill. That is why I believe that very few actually deeply, sincerely believe that abortion is murdering a living baby.

Of course, there is the possiblity that the majority of those claiming to deeply, sincerely believe that abortion is murdering a living baby are extreme hypocrates. (And I really don't intend that to be as inflamatory as many will take it)

Nonetheless, if he is willing to die for his beliefs, fine with me. If the Gov. of Fla. wants to forego a politcal boondoggle and avoid creating a martyr, that's OK too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit