Hi, my introduction.....finally.

by MonkeyPrincess 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• leddfootdja
    leddfootdja

Welcome! Many of us have been through similar experiences. You will find much here that will help you get

through yours.........

Best wishes.....

• gambit
    gambit

Welcome Monkey,

I know the feeling about the 1st step... Hang in there. I lurked here for a while, then posted a few things, now I'm back to lurking. Some of the issues, discoveries, and personal truths that you will encounter can be very painful. I'll offer to you what my counselor keeps saying to me "Don't be so hard on yourself"...

Take your time, and trust your feelings.. I don't know too many people here, but I can tell you that they really do care.

gambit

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

(((((((MonkeyPrincess)))))) Welcome!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Welcome monkeyprincess

Your better off without all those banana's anyway.....My head still spins and I still punish myself for not looking into my parents religion thoroughly before making it mine, but whats done is done....Live for the day and look forward to the future.

Glad your here on the forum

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Welcome Monkey,

Ever looked up Joe Cartoon on the Net?

"Monkey lover monkey lover monkey lover"

Wanna watch me spank my Monkey?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I think all of us have gone through that. You feel like an ass for believing the crap that they've fed you all your life. I'll tell ya, when I found out that they changed the whole 1914 generation thing, I was pissed off. I was lied to all my life. I believed that stupid teaching ever since I was 5 years old. Now a "truth" has been changed, and I feel robbed. I missed out on so much because of a stupid book company with some really #$@%ing stupid ideas of HOW people should live.

Anyway, welcome to the board!

• muslima
    muslima

You will enjoy this site very much. Don't worry about a thing. It will get easier. When you are down and wondering if you are the only weirdo around...just read a bit in here. You will find it very comforting to realize that you are perfectly normal! Surviving having been a JW is a major accomplishment! Treasure your husband and children. Make strong family traditions that bind.

All the best,

Denise

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Welcome Monkey! No matter where you are now or how difficult it is...believe me...YOU WILL SURVIVE!!! True happiness is just around the corner! I am shunned by my mom, sister and brother and feel that it's THEIR loss...I'm really getting over it. Too bad for them!!

Cathy L.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hello & welcome MonkeyPrincess !!!!

I know what you mean about how hard it is to adjust to a totally new way of thinking . After being brought up "In the Truth", one has to think the utterly unthinkable. Being willing to accept different information takes courage : and so many of them just do not have that courage.

It is easier to just go on in the same old routine, Tuesday group study, then prepare for Thusday meeting , and make sure you have a comment for Sunday, go out on the work once a week and above all do not think too deeply

And so they on year after year , decade following decade...............

i feel deceived and stupid, especially for taking it for what i have been told and not looking into it myself.

At least we did wise up - and you are a lot younger than some of us , enjoy the rest of your life

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Welcome to the board MP! (Cute name btw - it's my husband's nickname for me!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit