Hi, my introduction.....finally.

by MonkeyPrincess 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• 2escaped lifers
    2escaped lifers

Greetings and Welcome!!!

Hang in there, our family is going through very similar waters right now. I know your "head is spinning", but the longer you're out and the more you analyze your former beliefs honestly and openly, the easier it will get.

We've only been on this forum a few weeks, but its obvious that there are a lot of truly caring, kind, and friendly people here. So stick around and enjoy the "interchange of encouragement".

Best regards,

Brandon

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Monkey Princess!! Visit Smiley Central!

Remember me from chat the first night you were here? It was nice talking with you. I've been thinking about you and glad you came back. I look forward to reading your posts.

seven

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome MonkeyPrincess!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome to the forum! Take it one step at a time and hopefully your family will be okay with your decision. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it, and sometimes it's best not to say much at all but just quietly do what you want without calling attention to yourself.

Nina

• Panda
    Panda

Dear Monkey Princess,

First I adore your name!

I also went to therapy and that helped me quite a lot. While in therapy I met one of the drs. secretaries who was a sister who was friends with other sisters I knew. At first I was just uncomfortable but decided it wasn't a big deal. But then I realized that she might be typing up my therapy notes, and I knew she might feel obligated to tell elders about it. I told my psychiatrist and he thought she would keep confidences because she was so trustworthy etc. So I brought an article in to show him a similar situation where the sister violated the confidentiality because of the purity of the cong., so that was it, I never saw her again. She may have just been moved to another doc's office.

But part of what I'm saying is that for those who've never been "in" the borg (like my doc and your husband and doc) find the medieval secret service to be unbelievable. I have had to explain to my new friends so many things which I had just accepted as a JW, but now I see how unrealistic and unreasonable the WTS has been.

Welcome here Monkey Princess. Starty to enjoy your wonderful new family. Make sure your JW family knows that you love them and even share your new traditions with them. Invite them to the baby's birthday party. They'll find some excuse to come "it's not really the actual b'day" etc. Or even Thanksgiving dinner. Or to watch the superbowl. Otherwise they will have to live life without your goodness and love.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi MonkeyPrincess, and welcome!

I can understand the head spinning feeling. I think all of us went through something similar when we finally realized the enormity of how we dedicated our lives to a man made organization.

Winston.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

KateVisit Smiley Central!

• AS IF
    AS IF

ANOTHER ONE REBORN OUT OF THE DARKNESS!!

Wow that sounds lame. But if you are like I was, you tried and tried to be accepted back after your "fall" and there was just no letting you forget that you are an outcast. So you finally give up and boom, its like a switch goes on in your brain. And it is actually like a lightbulb. Once that light is on, you will go out of your way to show yourself that you are the good person and they are not who they claim. And the light gets brighter and brighter. ha ha I love telling people that. Anyway not to get carried away, as I sometimes do, I just want to say Welcome here, keep reading cuz all these people are fantastic and loving. Best wishes to your whole family.

AS IF 'I'll ever go back"

PS. Just a side note, why are you not already shunned by your family, since you are DF isn't that the "new" policy. Or do your parents and siblings have that good old "natural afection"?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Monkey and Welcome Aboard! You're most welcome, as you can see from the replies already.

I was very interested in your name for I knew someone who went by this name a while ago.

Anyway, for now please accept these greetings from your new friends downunder!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hi monkeyprincess

Satan here. I would like to welcome you to my fold. Ha ha, just kidding. The wt planted many false fears, fears based almost totally on their wierd fantasies. Overcoming those fears leads to a better, more stress free life. You can try anything you like, ask any questions you want to. Freedom is good.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit