Hi, my introduction.....finally.

by MonkeyPrincess 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome! Raise your child to be a thinking, self-aware, happy person. And explain to your little one that some of the family are not so lucky. Maverick

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome MP glad to have you here and thank you for sharing your story. I also lost all my family when I left the "truth." It has been difficult, but now my three daughters see the cult for what it is. They are well adjusted, going to college, and no one will tell them they can not do what they want because of their gender.

You sound like you have a wonderful husband. Make traditions with him. Xmas, birthdays etc. Your child will grow up without the guilt and control that this religion has had over you. You are on your way to a full life now that you can finally speak out what you feel. The JW religion produces in people the code of silence. It is not healthy!!!!! Keep coming back.

Leslie

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi MonkeyPrincess !!!

Welcome to the board

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

MonkeyPrincess: Welcome and thanks for sharing your story! You are not alone... there are countless people who have had a similar experience and feel just like you do!

At first I could not believe that I was so easily deceived by the org, but to our credit we were both born into it and never really had a choice. It was embarrassing to me to realize that I was completely wrong about something I was so confident!

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

• teejay
    teejay

Hi, MP, and welcome to the funny farm!

While it might be tough dealing with what you're going through now, it has to feel good to know that you are sparing your baby from experiencing what you are. They have a much better chance at life... and she (he?) owes it all to you. Glad you're here!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hello! Glad you feel comfortable posting here. As time goes by the Borg and it's stranglehold will loosen and you'll start to feel more like person and less like an ex-jw. Glad to have you aboard!

~Aztec

• berylblue
    berylblue

Hello, MP, glad you're here. You will find many friends here.

• TR
    TR

Hi, Monkey.

Maybe some of your 'hovah family will turn out to be like my bro and his family. They're 'hovahs that could care less about the rules. They even planned a wedding for their "apostate" son and his "worldly" wife! I don't know how they get away with it, but they do. Yet they still believe in the WTS crap. Unbelievable.

TR

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi MonkeyPrincess....Welcome to the board.

Having a therapist and a supportive husband is great. This board is a wonderful place, as you probably have seen.

There are so many wonderful, insightful people here, just waiting to help. Glad to have you here.

Tina

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to the JWD, Monkey Princess! Glad to have you here....you're in good company.....there's a wealth of information and support to be had here...also a lot of fun....Enjoy!

Frannie B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit