Hi, my introduction.....finally.

by MonkeyPrincess 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• sens
    sens

Hi Monkey

3 Sens 4

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

Welcome Monkey!! It's hard to deal with at first, but it is well worth it in the end. To be free and have your children free from the borg is a blessing you can claim for yourself and your family if you have the courage now. Good Luck in the future. Robotnomore

• ambush23
    ambush23

Welcome feel free to share any and all thoughts, oh and by the way im austin L8R

• talesin
    talesin

Many welcomes, Monkey Princess!!

I have been through the same thing. Sounds like you have a great therapist, someone who understands the 'cult experience'. Listen to her/him and keep working at your issues.

You are very lucky (not really, cause you make your own luck) to have a supportive partner. Love him to pieces, love your child, and F**K the JW mindset forever. Don't let them get you down! Feel secure that your family loves you, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE BRAINWASHED!!!! Try not to take the S**T that comes down personally. They are only following their cult leaders' instructions and are much worse off than you.

I hope those thoughts are helpful. They keep me going sometimes.

tal

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

MP, welcome!!! It's great to have you. You'll find genuine love, support and freedom here. - V Sky

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Hi monkey -princes

I really appreciated your post. THANKYOU.

Michael.

• bebu
    bebu

Hi Monkey Princess,

I'm glad you came in from lurking out there in cold, dark cyberspace. I'm so glad to hear that your husband helped you out, and supports you even now. You say he directed you to this site? Does he post here already?

Anyway.... WELCOME!

bebu

• casurfguy
    casurfguy

Welcome Monkey!! I myself am new to this...talk to you later

• simplesally
    simplesally

Never place loyalty to an institution above loyalty to yourself......... you have to do what you think is right. My dad always said that even if what you think turns out wrong, you don't have that ability of hindsight right now here in the present. So, do what you think is the right think to do, most of the time you are right.

And listen to this man:

I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!
    - Theodore Roosevelt
  • Special K
    Special K

Hello Monkey Princess

Welcome to the forum, it is truly a great place here

I too lost many friends when I was disfellowshipped

I too lost my mother and some sibblings that I was extremely close to

One of my children, my mother has never seen (only once in a grocery store).

It is sad. and it hurts..but your therapist is so right when she says.

"It is their choice".. they are the ones that make the choice to talk or not talk to you.

There are many like you and I here. You are not alone. My spouse and I strive for freedom of mind for ourself and freedom of mind for our children.

Again.. welcome

special k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit