No! No! No! This can't be true? brexit? No!

by purrpurr 81 Replies latest social current

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Farage was crowing his triumphant victory speech before the result was certain as if he had an overwhelming majority.

He was then back tracking on the NHS commitment within a few hours of the count being over.

He is a ****.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I like to understand what difference it makes from an economic standpoint ?

Is it mostly to do with trade ?

• kaik
    kaik

And so it begins...Britain youve been conned....tonight Daniel Hannan Tory mp and prominent leaver stated that Britain Will favour the Norway relationship post brexit, with....you guessed it...free movement of labour!

I doubt EU will allow free labor movement and settling of British in EU after Brexit. This is something EU does not want it to happen. UK would have also continue other EU citizens to move there, something UK does not want to do so. So there will be issue of receptivity, Brits could not expect to live on NHS in respective EU countries, work there, and not expected to do so in return. They will be treated like Americans and Canadians when it comes to EU and labor market.

Another issue I see will happen will be UK accreditation of education, licensing, and patents, because they will case to be in alignment with EU. And foreigner education without accreditation or mutual receptivity is pretty much worthless outside native countries.

• kaik
    kaik

I like to understand what difference it makes from an economic standpoint ?

Is it mostly to do with trade ?

There is a huge amount of money going between countries in EU. It is far more than trade. Even when UK does not use Euro, it still contributes to coffers and get subsidies in agriculture and tons of other craps. It is like severing ties between California and rest of USA. Additionally, 3 millions of Europeans lives in UK and 2 millions Brits are in Continent. Their existence is now in question. The amount of money between UK and EU floating between these two are in billions per day. Once these ties get severed or limited. It will affect agricultural policy, space program, IT, education, pensions, health benefits, and even residency issues.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Farage was crowing his triumphant victory speech before the result was certain as if he had an overwhelming majority.

He was then back tracking on the NHS commitment within a few hours of the count being over.

He is a ****

Indeed. Despite voting Leave, I have little time for Nige. He's abrasive, monomaniacal, and his poster wasn't nice. His 'victory speech' was also inappropriate. Well, he's got what he wanted, hopefully he will fade into obscurity.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

From a Dutch perspective, I find this highly interesting:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/now-its-our-turn-geert-wilders-calls-dutch-referendum

"Now It's Our Turn" - Geert Wilders Calls For A Dutch Referendum

Just as we warned, the historic British rejection of the EU's totalitarian rule has sparked renewed ambitions to leave the clutches of Brussels across Europe. First to congratulate Britain was Holland's Geert Wilders, who calls for a Dutch referendum as soon as possible...

Thursday, June 23, 2016, will go down in history as Britain’s Independence Day.

The Europhile elite has been defeated. Britain points Europe the way to the future and to liberation. It is time for a new start, relying on our own strength and sovereignty. Also in the Netherlands.

A recent survey (EenVandaag, Dutch television) shows that a majority of the Dutch want a referendum on EU membership. It also shows that more Dutch are in favour of exit than of remaining in the EU.

The Dutch people deserve a referendum as well. The Party for Freedom consequently demands a referendum on NExit, a Dutch EU exit.

As quickly as possible the Dutch need to get the opportunity to have their say about Dutch membership of the European Union.

Geert Wilders: “We want be in charge of our own country, our own money, our own borders, and our own immigration policy. If I become prime minister, there will be a referendum in the Netherlands on leaving the European Union as well. Let the Dutch people decide.”

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    KaikI doubt EU will allow free labor movement and settling of British in EU after Brexit.

Definitely....of course they won't. These brexit types are idiots.

Kaik Another issue I see will happen will be UK accreditation of education, licensing, and patents, because they will case to be in alignment with EU. And foreigner education without accreditation or mutual receptivity is pretty much worthless outside native countries.
    is is a hugely Important issue....desperately worrying. Devastating for the youngsters.

Britain currently has complete sovereignty when it comes to her laws....the only exception to this are the laws governing trade, obviously it is necessary for Europe to be on the same page regarding this. The politicians have been blaming Europe for any and everything for years...focusing on idiotic issues like the " tampon tax" .

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I love how sweden has gone From safe to 2nd worse rape country in the world, muslim communities not integrating and growing with no go zones, problems left and right but liberal answer is those problems don't exist and should allow continue allowing mass immigration or a bigot. Liberals are the biggest bigots of them all.

• bohm
    bohm
    I love how sweden has gone From safe to 2nd worse rape country in the world, muslim communities not integrating and growing with no go zones, problems left and right but liberal answer is those problems don't exist and should allow continue allowing mass immigration or a bigot. Liberals are the biggest bigots of them all

Thus, the immigration policy enacted by Swedish politicians voted in by Swedish voters using their national sovereignty is very relevant for why the UK should leave EU. Indeed, the EU project is undemocratic because of decisions the individual nations make. Go #Brexit!, #LiberalismIsNazismLitterally

• ChrisIncredulous
    ChrisIncredulous

On the subject of sweden being the second most sexually violent country in the world, this BBC report might be interesting:

The Swedish police recorded the highest number of offences - about 63 per 100,000 inhabitants - of any force in Europe, in 2010. The second-highest in the world.

This was three times higher than the number of cases in the same year in Sweden's next-door neighbour, Norway, and twice the rate in the United States and the UK. It was more than 30 times the number in India, which recorded about two offences per 100,000 people.

On the face of it, it would seem Sweden is a much more dangerous place than these other countries.

But that is a misconception, according to Klara Selin, a sociologist at the National Council for Crime Prevention in Stockholm. She says you cannot compare countries' records, because police procedures and legal definitions vary widely.

"In Sweden there has been this ambition explicitly to record every case of sexual violence separately, to make it visible in the statistics," she says.

"So, for instance, when a woman comes to the police and she says my husband or my fiance raped me almost every day during the last year, the police have to record each of these events, which might be more than 300 events. In many other countries it would just be one record - one victim, one type of crime, one record."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit