No! No! No! This can't be true? brexit? No!

by purrpurr 81 Replies latest social current

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

is Trump and Boris the same person. ? they all look the same to me.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Stan - Perhaps, either that or they have the same hairdresser. The twins of evil?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It's the start of the great tribulation, Armageddon is coming soon! Hide your Xbox .

• snugglebunny
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I'm confused wasn't the UK a power for years before they joined the EU. What makes people now think that they will suddenly fall apart? Sure it make take some time to adjust but I'm willing to bet they will recover. This is big blow to the EU and proponents of globalization more than it is anything else.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I'm confused wasn't the UK a power for years before they joined the EU. What makes people now think that they will suddenly fall apart?

I ask myself the same thing.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Yeah, I really don't think it is going to be as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Sure, there'll be adjustments and any "bad" things that come out of it will be used by brexit opponents as fodder for staying but I really do not think it is all doom and gloom.

Let's leave the doom and gloom at the kingdom halls please.

• Cornbread
    Cornbread

Farage is in hot water for admitting that he flat-out lied:

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2016/06/nigel-farage-admits-his-bold-brexit-claim-was-mistake

"Leave" voters are also taking to Twitter to voice their morning-after regrets:

Some of the more hilarious ones:

Leave voter on BBC: "I'm shocked & worried. I voted Leave but didn't think my vote would count - I never thought it would actually happen."

— Laura Topham (@LauraTopham) June 24, 2016

I voted leave to help our economy. However the £ has plummeted and I immediately regret my decision 🙄. Plus Farage is a lying tosser! 😡

— Ryan Richardson (@RyanRich_) June 24, 2016

• ChrisIncredulous
    ChrisIncredulous

I'm pretty deflated about Brexit. Seems to me that the slim margin of victory for the Leave camp was achieved by appealing to the biases of an aging electorate. The Baby Boomers voted us out with a nostaligic ideal of a glorious past that never was. The vote was also strong among people marginalised by a shifting modern economy who were taught by irresponsible politicians such as Farage that their problems were due to an influx of Polish people. Their vote was a rejection of people across europe who share our democratic values and cultural heritage. Europe was growing stronger through interdependence between nations, but will possibly now crumble into factions.

It's true the EU governance system needs reform, and I hope that it will see Brexit as a symptom of its problems and pay attention to people's concerns about beureaucratic croneyism. But we will not now be part of that reform, and I think that's a shame. Hopefully we will be able to negotiate strong trade deals and possibly remain part of the EEC. A 2% majority is hardly a mandate to shut the borders and deport everyone. I hope Europe will remember that the will of many British people was not represented in the result, and that many of us are still open to the idea of being Europeans and Britons, and not the latter exclusively.

But most importantly for me, it was the first time I broke Watchtower's shackles and went to the Ballot. As you can tell, I backed the loser, but being part of democracy in action was thrilling.

Just a bit disappointed. I'm blaming the Remain campaigners for not putting a stronger case to the public and resorting to threats instead of championing the co-operation and interdependence so vital for peace and continued economic growth.

And by the way, I'll be emigrating soon to Europe.

• Room 215
    Room 215
    London is an oasis of prosperity; now let's see how/where the City money managers shift their operations --wealth -- to Dublin and elsewhere. Most of England outside of the southeast is on the dole..how will this ill-considered decision help them? Misplaced chauvinism; when faced with a choice between Great Britain and Little England, they picked the latter.. they've made their bed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit