No! No! No! This can't be true? brexit? No!

by purrpurr 81 Replies latest social current

• punkofnice
  • fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Interesting result - if things get worse for England, as a result of this vote, I wonder what the recriminations will be like?

and I note that purrpurr said:

purrpurr : No! That means there will be another Scottish referendum with Scotland leaving the UK . This is hell

The news in Sydney this morning said that Northern Ireland also voted (in every electorate) to stay in the EU (The Scots also had a 'stay' vote in every electorate) and both areas are now talking about leaving the United Kingdom. IF that happens, are we also seeing the final demise of the British Empire?

And all this happening when the world influence of the 'anglosphere' is diminishing. It is indeed an interesting time to be alive.

• bohm
    bohm

fulltimestudent: The best predictor in the election was a university education. The leave-vote is nationalistically/emotionally driven and not based on rational arguments IMO; when things don't pan out (and I think the UK should be thrown out quickly and negotiated with like any other country to protect the EU from similar nationalistic movements from within, sorry 48%) they will pass the buck to a new group.

Perhaps it is still the EUs fault (God knows Boris will still have to enact pretty much the same rules to maintain vital trade relations), perhaps it will be the Muslims.

Northern Ireland is going to be a clusterf#ck because the agreement is funded by the EU. I think they will remain (but things could blow up) and the Scots go.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

And ...

JW_Rogue : I'm confused wasn't the UK a power for years before they joined the EU. What makes people now think that they will suddenly fall apart? Sure it make take some time to adjust but I'm willing to bet they will recover.

I doubt that England (by itself) will fall apart, but the 50 million (+) of England by itself is ever going to be what it was in the nineteenth century, the world has changed too much.

JW_Rogue: This is big blow to the EU and proponents of globalization more than it is anything else.

I'd agree with that proposition. The fallout for the EU is likely to be greater than anything that can happen to the UK.

And, if there is a total dissolution of the EU, who will benefit from the new economic and political alliances that must form?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

This is what getting our borders back really means...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36626553

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Well i'm chuffed to bits. It's a shame we have to wait over 2 years to actually get out.

• kaik
    kaik

I'd agree with that proposition. The fallout for the EU is likely to be greater than anything that can happen to the UK.

And, if there is a total dissolution of the EU, who will benefit from the new economic and political alliances that must form?

There are analysis conducted by ECB, and many others estimates that all European economies will experience depression once European common market disintegrates somewhere between -10 to -25% depending on the country. UK was, is, and will be holding shorter end of the stick (smaller population, smaller economy, less technologically developed) than continental EU/Germany. Pound went down today 8% against $$$ and Soros estimates that it will go down by another 20%. 40 years of interconnected economic market will take a toll and market will bleed. People will lose jobs, companies will go under, and uncertainty will rock the financial markets for months or even years. You can look into USSR how it ended when common economic zone had disintegrated. And Russia had much more resources than present UK and at the end it meant absolutely nothing preventing full blown depression in 1990's.

And who is benefiting from it? Putin was very happy with the vote, so is GOP.

• JRK
    JRK

I believe this is the beginning of the first overlapping Great Tribulation. Everyone head to the Bunker, and remember the secret knock.

JK

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

And so it begins...Britain youve been conned....tonight Daniel Hannan Tory mp and prominent leaver stated that Britain Will favour the Norway relationship post brexit, with....you guessed it...free movement of labour!

Not to mention the touted 350 million for the NHS touted pre referendum is shrinking by the minute...currently down to 100 million!

" Grandma, what have you done?" Indeed!!!!!!!!

Edited to add Racist grandma...what have you done?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

They should have allowed 16 & 17 year olds to vote and capped the upper age limit to 55 so the result would have reflected the will of the people who actually are going to have to live with the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit