No! No! No! This can't be true? brexit? No!

by purrpurr 81 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

SBF: It's a bloody mess, but some time has to elapse before it will be possible to know what will happen (what the leave/join procedure for Scotland would look like), right now I could imagine much of it is emotionally driven by being "dragged out" by the UK. Most of all I hope common sense prevails in NI. That's one conflict I wish never to see again in my lifetime...

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

If these are any indication things could happen pretty fast. Maybe months rather than years.

But who wants to trigger Article 50 and make this happen?

From the guardians comments section

• bohm
    bohm

Man who voted for Leave says he thought his vote ‘wouldn’t count’ and is now ‘worried’

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/man-who-voted-for-leave-says-he-thought-his-vote-wouldnt-count-wins-moron-of-the-year-award-5964450/

In related news, man told his wife she is a "fat cow", now wonders why she is angry.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In 1963 the US statesman Dean Acheson made the observation that "Great Britain has lost an Empire and has not yet found a role". This is still the position to some extent more than 50 years later. For some time the Westminster elite decided it had found its role as supporters of US militarism around the world. But many in the UK have not been happy with playing this role, especially in Scotland. Many in Scotland now want to be a normal self-governing country within the EU. A smaller rUK may also be better able to adjust to being a significant small country, and realise it's a better option than being an increasingly insignificant big country. In time all the nations of the British Isles may be self-governing partners within larger networks such as Europe.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Headline tomorrow

If the above headline is true, this is turning into the biggest political cluster f**k ever.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing fizzles out. Remember the referendum was advisory. Unless Article 50 is triggered, we don't leave.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't know which paper from the cropped scan but from the typeface it appears to be the Daily Mail or the Express. Enough said.

• bohm
    bohm

If they don't leave for one reason or another, imagine what will happen with UKIP in the next election? "the political elite stole our election to please the germans". I don't think that's viable internally in Britain, but then again I don't live there.

What's needed is some way to overcome the emotionally driven, xenophobic right-wing factions that are springing up across Europe and create a positive European identity. I got no idea how.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"...the group most responsible for Brexit is older, whiter ..."

no doubt a result of that RACIST laundry product, OXICLEAN!

OXICLEAN commercial...

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Input my British fiends?

Fear-mongering has sadly been a feature of both the Remain and Leave campaigns.

The Leave campaign is guilty of xenophobia, saying that 75 million Turks are just itching to migrate to England; meanwhile the Remain campaign is guilty of neophobia, saying that leaving the EU will trigger the downfall of the UK.

PS I hope "fiends" was a typo.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Martin Lewis is regarded as a switched on financial expert. This is the link to his site in which he discusses the likely implications of Brexit:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/06/martins-reaction-to-brexit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit