It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

When Watchtower goes down, we'll celebrate and then start forgetting about it. Does Lloyd think that people will be searching out his old "activist" videos when Watchtower is history?

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Does Lloyd realise that he can do a video without a gimble?

Excellent point. Some of the best, and I mean BEST exJW videos were done on a phone or to slides. JW Fairy Tales had the absolute STONES to call Bethel several times and argue with them about the Happy At Bethel video. No Tibor, no Dijana, and no Gimbal or patreon money required. All unscripted, he just started engaging with them.

https://youtu.be/F6zRlA-GAvQ

This exchange is classic at 28:35

Bethelite - You dance to worldly music, brother?

JWFT - No I don’t, do you?

Bethelite - You didn’t dance with your wife at your wedding?

JWFT - Oh yeah, we danced at our wedding… to Kingdom music!

JWFT - You asked me what me and my wife danced to at our wedding, well I’ll tell you what we didn’t do. We didn’t moonwalk. We didn’t “drop it like it’s hot”. We didn’t jiggle and shake in front of a camera to worldly music.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Wow, that is some serious Fairytale work there - I admire his confidence and ability to call scriptures on the fly …. I’m sure that brother had a lot to think about after that call 🤔🤔

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody

you don't need a business to do good activism. You need a brain.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

His real craft is begging and having experienced another Evans in my congregation (his dad) I promise you it is impossible to make them feel shame or take accountability on any level

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

I think this website has by far the most important back catalogue of picking apart JW teachings and the Bible with Conversations of many very intelligent people For example, Leoleia, but there are many others as well.

when I left JW land around six years ago, I spent tens of hours reading through the back catalogue of the different conversations on this forum, but I also watched many of the Lloyd Evans videos, it was the most distressing period of my life by such a long way I no longer wanted to be alive, however, I have three young children so I had to power through these feelings and come to my own conclusions that I was right to leave and help my children escape while leaving behind all my friends and the rest of my family

My gratitude to these types of forums, this one, Lloyd Evans, JW facts , the books by Raymond Franz

Lloyd Evans, personal life seems to be a total shambolic joke, but that doesn’t take away the value of his website and videos to people who have newly left JW, it is invaluable, and although some of his videos can be quite long, it is exactly what people who are beginning to wake up, need to give them the confidence to leave.

I’m only saying this because I think it would be such a shame if someone came across this website in the emotional distress situation they would find themselves whilst newly waking up and start reading through 800 pages of negativity on Lloyd Evans, however, deserved an accurate it is,

I don’t see anywhere else that has the back catalogue of videos as helpful as his to a newly woken up person.

I don’t see a website with a catalogue as good as this website for a person who needs something a bit deeper.

I suppose I’m just saying, I think it would be a shame for someone on the emotional edge to miss out on such available information, please don’t think I’m trying to have a go at anyone about anything, everyone is entitled to their opinion, this is mine, so I thought I would share it, hope that’s okay

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody

Someone who wants to wake up has already started a process. You have been directed to Lloyd Evans because of his ability to be popular through some mechanisms some of which harmless but some others completely despicable. Think about his "family man" mask he's been wearing for years. Would anyone be justified to use such manipulations just for the sake of helping others waking up? Does the end really justify the means? I am not convinced. Would you or anyone with young daughters trust this man to the point to allow him to interact with their own girls? So if you cannot trust him in this way why do you trust him in any other way?

Do you know why this thread has started more than a year ago and now it has more than 800 pages? Because Mr Evans blocked anyone who had a hint of criticism towards him. There was no other space to debate and have a discussion about what he's been doing for years because he is a master of manipulation. Until a year ago he used to get more than $10k monthly from patronage and donations. He became a powerful man within the exjws. Any other video maker or youtuber would be completely out or range and therefore many activists left. Not to mention the shit he's been throwing on other youtubers and activists for the sake of destroying competition.

So I don't really know what sort of catalogue you were referring to but anyone who is sincere in doing research about this cult should be pay attention to the message and the messenger equally. And perhaps you stopped your research when you reached LEs channel but there were/are many others sources available "free" I should also add. You were manipulated into thinking there was just Lloyd Evans because he convinced his audience that way. "Don't go looking outside this space for your benefit". Does it remind you of anything, anyone?

Best

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I think anyone leaving WT is well served by this forum because it exposes LE for who he really is and helps them avoid getting tangled up with him. 👍 As you say it’s a good resource on Watchtower history and policies - much better than the superficial treatment in LE videos.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

People can still view his videos and gain some understanding about the WTS and JW beliefs. But knowing about who Evans really is can prevent them from supporting him vocally or with money. There are other exJWs making content, though some have stopped, and a few in part because of unpleasant experiences with Evans. His approach to 'activism' has split the community and can make it more difficult on people who are looking for good info without any baggage. It's fine to recognize that some of his content is useful, but it helps to know who he is when the camera is turned off.

•  Debra
    Debra

Is Lloyd having a sulk? His last video was three days ago now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit