It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    when some unsuspecting soul "buys into" Lloyd (believes him) and then, on finding out who he really "is", has to again go through the whole waking up process, as we did when we found out that Watchtower is a complete fraud.

That's why I think some prefer to live in a state of denial and keep supporting him, it's a way of convincing themselves that by supporting him he hasn't done anything wrong and they haven't been conned.

Yes, it sounds silly ... but people are dumb.

• Simon
    Simon
    Someone who wants to wake up has already started a process. You have been directed to Lloyd Evans because of his ability to be popular through some mechanisms some of which harmless but some others completely despicable.

This is important.

NO-ONE convinces someone else not to be a JW. No believing JW is even looking at exJW or "apostate" content, so anyone who does is already doubting and looking for answers. JWs aren't JWs because of the logical soundness of the belief system, so trying to reason them away doesn't really work.

All we can do is demonstrate to people who are already having those doubts and searching is that we're not the monsters the WTS has made us out to be. We're not immoral, drug-taking, whore-using, wife-abusing, lowlifes.

And THAT is why Lloyd will forever be a detriment to exJWs, regardless of whatever content he produces. He's simply a caricature of an apostate, perfectly living down to the standards the WTS predicts.

What matters more than anything is to be kind and friendly and to demonstrate that there can be life after the WTS, that you don't have to let it define your entire existence. Leaving the WTS doesn't mean you will turn into some monster and destroy your family. You can be as moral and caring as you were as a JW, even more so as you have time to dedicate to your family and the pressure and time commitments of being a JW removed from your life.

So while people think they care about doctrine when they are leaving, I think that's usually just a "chaser" for confirmation that the WTS is wrong. What convinces them to leave is the injustice and hypocrisy they wake up to and finally notice, and that the WTS lied about the people who leave.

But if you become an immoral, drug-taking, whore-using, wife-abusing lowlife ... you may be what convinces someone who was looking that the WTS might be right after all, regardless of what "amazing content" you produce.

But let's be real. There is no amazing content. Making up lies based on pure speculation is no "expose", it's just made-up crap. Taking clips from talks and making fun of them or ridiculing beliefs is not really difficult, but is also only appealing to those who have already left. It isn't really reaching out to JWs or showing them that we're not their enemy - it's using them as an easy punching-bag because you know no blows will ever come back at you.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Simon - “…No believing JW is even looking at exJW or ‘apostate’ content, so anyone who does is already doubting and looking for answers…”

This.

Reading XJW material on the net doesn’t turn you into an apostate.

It just helps you realize you already are one.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

Okay I'm just going to blurt this out because I am now sick of Lloyd apologists. You go and defend this vile creature, you go defend a person who used trafficked girls, you go defend an abusive stalker. You go and defend this creature. But I have one thing to say to you. YOU ARE COMPLICIT. We have heard this argument far too many times now and all the while he has got away with EVERYTHING.

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF
    Okay I'm just going to blurt this out because I am now sick of Lloyd apologists. You go and defend this vile creature, you go defend a person who used trafficked girls, you go defend an abusive stalker. You go and defend this creature. But I have one thing to say to you. YOU ARE COMPLICIT. We have heard this argument far too many times now and all the while he has got away with EVERYTHING.

Not sure if that was aimed at my comment, but maybe you should reread what I wrote, I’m not defending him I don’t agree with his personal life, but I’m not blind to the good he has done through the content of his channel however I feel about his personal life

leaving is a very personal journey, and some of the comments on here seem to tar left everyone with the same brush, what is good and useful for one is not necessarily good, until someone puts together a channel as useful as Lloyd Evans channel his will remain one of the best places to go for people who are in the process of waking up

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    All we can do is demonstrate to people who are already having those doubts and searching is that we're not the monsters the WTS has made us out to be. We're not immoral, drug-taking, whore-using, wife-abusing, lowlifes.
    And THAT is why Lloyd will forever be a detriment to exJWs, regardless of whatever content he produces. He's simply a caricature of an apostate, perfectly living down to the standards the WTS predicts.

LE's situation is likely being used/to be used by the WTBTS to stereotype all who are deemed "apostates" as slimeballs.

RE: my previous post; I forgot to highlight the quoted material and click the quote button. Sorry!

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    I don’t agree with his personal life,

Forgive me but you are completely wrong here. This is not a matter of personal life. We don't need to agree nor to disagree with his personal life. Do you really think we like to watch through the keyhole where he puts his penis? Lloyd's behaviour has been impacting the lives of people many of which were vulnerable people. As a matter of fact he continues to do that. This has nothing to do with his personal or private life. You wrote earlier that his catalogue was useful for people who wanted to wake up. If JWs watches apostate videos they have started already the process without even realising it and it is clear from the comments you are receiving after you initial post. Lloyd Evans has helped nobody to get out from WT. His catalogue of videos has helped no one but him making money

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

I forgive you

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody

I don't

Do you want to know how long it takes for us to spot an idiot? Bye bye

• Vintage
    Vintage

Borg Off, just as we warn people of the dangers of the business called the "Watch Tower, Bible, and Tract Society", we also warn people of the dangers of Lloyd Evans' business. We do this out of human kindness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit