It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    until someone puts together a channel as useful as Lloyd Evans channel his will remain one of the best places to go for people who are in the process of waking up

There are lots of exjw channels that are way more useful than Lloyds channel. The spectrum of information that can be gained on these channels far exceeds Lloyd’s scope. IMO we need a variety of channels to pick from, we are not robots and what appeals to one person, may not be another persons cup of tea. Even after the situation with Lloyd became known I still defended his “body of work” so I am in no way judging you for having your opinion.

As time has gone by I have come to understand that Lloyd’s work has stunted the community. There were many fabulous creators who have left because of Lloyd. Had they stayed, they too would have quite a collection of useful videos for those leaving to watch. Some of these videos are still on YT so you can check them out, you don’t need to believe me.

I came to understand that by only watching Lloyds content, I was keeping myself in a “re-traumatizing cycle”. Listening to how wrong the WT policies etc are kept me in a mindset of anger. Since branching out and finding some other channels I’ve learnt that it’s ok to make fun of the policies, it’s ok to laugh, it’s ok to cry, it’s ok to laugh at how hoodwinked I was for believing WTs bs. Broadening my horizons in exjw content has allowed me to forgive myself for being hoodwinked.

I also credited Lloyd with “waking me up and saving my life when I was in a very emotionally bad place waking up”. I now realise that I was giving him credit for the hard work that I had done. I hate the fact that I gave my credit to someone else.

That said, I forgive myself as I was vulnerable when I left the borg, just like I was .20+ years ago when I joined the borg. I now realise that Lloyd has placed himself in the position that easily attracts these vulnerable people to a “safe place”.

It is a sad reality that many in the community maintain the unconscious bias towards having one “channel” that is as useful as Lloyd’s - I see it as a major weakness - there is safely in numbers and there should be lots of channels. You may be surprised to know that there were exjw YouTubers years ago (7-8) who suggested that Lloyd was working towards creating a monopoly. Looking back I think there was some profound wisdom from this observation.

By his own words recently, without the financial support to the channel, he would not be able to produce as many videos. If lloyd did create a monopoly over the years then of course he would have the catalog that he does. That does not make his work more valuable than anyone else producing content from the heart and for no financial gain. X

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

BORG OFF.

Wait, do you read what you write? Most of the people here, including myself have had personal experience with this guy. I escaped in 2014, whilst I was still in a vulnerable state I happened to say something completely innocent to Lloyd. He took this as a personal attack. Imagine what this does to a vulnerable person.

He has personally gone after people's families, doxxed people, and ruined AWAA and the CSA investigation.

Do you know he sabotaged a very important interview with the media with Marc and Cora regarding exposing child sex abuse within the org?

He represented CSA victims whilst going after CSA victims and using trafficked girls.

And yet you still believe his information is vital and important. You my friend are in a cult. And that is the cult of personality.

I want you to do something for me, please. As you believe he still does good things, can you go to him and advise him to get some help, can you ask him to apologize to everyone he has harmed, when you have done that, can you come back and give us his reply?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    can you ask him to apologize to everyone he has harmed, when you have done that, can you come back and give us his reply?

Your comment is extremely fair and on point. I wish you were an isolated case, unfortunately I know you aren’t 😞

• BORG OFF
    BORG OFF

Kim, thanks for your reply, I certainly do respect your opinion, I’m a massive fan off multiple content creators to speak to a wide variety of people, I just haven’t seen anyone else with the ability to speak to newly woken up JW in the same way as Lloyd has done over the years, hopefully that will change in the near future, in no way did Lloyd Evans wake me up whatsoever, the Bible managed to do that all by itself!

1972 i i’m not a fan of his, I’ve never supported his channel in anyway whatsoever, I do see value in the back catalogue of his work, I haven’t seen anyone else even get close, although hopefully they will soon. I do find it. Incredibly disappointing when XJW have a go at each other, I’m sure he is the worse culprit for this, if you have any questions for him I think he gives a phone number

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone

Hiya guys. I haven't been able to get on for a while I am on an extended vacation visiting my brother in Utah, could be away for 2 months. So, I am trying to catch up from page 844, currently on page 849. I haven't opened my laptop in over a week. Been missing you guys though.

The question is what was his objective?

I think his objective was more disgusting. I think he was "feeling out" Kim and Bob for potential fuck buddies.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Borg Off said,

"...until someone puts together a channel as useful as Lloyd Evans channel his will remain one of the best places to go for people who are in the process of waking up."

Why would Lloyd's channel be "one of the best places to go for people who are in the process of waking up"? Sexual immorality, bullying, guilting for donations, ...What is Lloyd's advantage over Watchtower?

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    if you have any questions for him I think he gives a phone number

...( had to put those emojis .cause my response to this would have made me Ban from this forum ...)

• Simon
    Simon

A link popped up on my twitter feed today that was the story of a former prostitute who explained how crucial it was to pretend that it was all her choice. Crucial to the punters of course, to absolve themselves of their guilt.

The reality is that the majority of women who are prostitutes are not doing it entirely because of their own free-choice. They are coerced, and so the men using them are RAPISTS.

But here's the thing ...

For an accurate view of what it's like being a JW, do we go ask current JWs or exJWs? Who are you going to get the truth from - someone who knows that have to say "oh, I don't mind not celebrating birthdays or Christmas" or someone who is out and free from it and able to be honest?

So why would anyone believe any current sex-worker's claim that it's all their choice when every ex-prostitute is saying that it never was and warning of the danger and the lies?

Now, how reasonable is it for someone who has made their entire life be about people being JWs or exJWs suddenly not to be able to tell that the claims being made by current sex-workers are utterly worthless, because they don't have the free will they claim.

How reasonable is it for someone to claim to advocate for victims of Child Sexual Abuse within a strict religion that denies people the ability to tell the truth of their experience, to not see the hypocrisy with using young prostitutes in heavily sex-trafficked countries?

So a reminder: I doubt there is anyone who has ever paid for a prostitute that they don't know, who is not a rapist. The more prostitutes they have used, the higher the odds to the point that I doubt there is any chance they are not.

Unfortunately, justice will never happen because they scale of the problem is too large and the people trying to make things right too few.

But it doesn't alter the fact that some people are rapists.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    I think his objective was more disgusting. I think he was "feeling out" Kim and Bob . . .

This is what I was getting at in my earlier post. I don't believe that the disclosure of his personal life was unintentional. Instead, I believe that he was "testing the waters" to see whether those subjected to his nauseating disclosures might be interested in "helping" him.

I feel bad for any human who has to look at his grotesque physical attributes during intimacy. The allegations of paying for sex are not at all surprising to me.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Thanks LEP for downloading the 2022 report for Ipsilon Media. Several key items to note. It’s all in HRK (Croatian Kuna) which will be easier to read next year when it will be in Euro. I’ll include the EUR amount in parentheses.

Ipsilon total revenue for 2022 – 618,790 HRK (€82,123)

Revenue for 2021 was 1,138,439 HRK (€151,088). This represents a drop of €68,965 in revenue from last year.

Here’s where it gets strange – 2022 expenses are more than 2021, despite the fact that Lloyd took the first two months off of 2022.

823,332 HRK (€109,274) total expenses for 2022. The 2021 total was 737,524 HRK (€97,885), which represents an increase of €11,389 from 2021 in expenses.

Now look what how it gets broken down into categories:

Material – 90,167 HRK (€11,966)

Personnel – 603,281 HRK (€80,064)

Amortization – 46,181 HRK (€6,128)

Other costs – 65,730 HRK (€8.723) Litigation fees?

Fortunately personnel is broken down further:

Net Salaries and wages – 378,007 HRK (€50,178)

Cost of taxes and contributions from salary – 157,670 HRK (€20,929)

Contribution to salaries – 67,604 HRK (€8,974)

Materials is as well:

Costs of raw materials and materials – 7,640 HRK (€1,014)

Other external costs – 100,500 HRK (€13,343) Litigation???

With revenue being €82,123 and expenses being €109,274, so he’s claiming a deficit of €27,151, or as he lists it on the documents – negative 207,656 HRK. 2021 was a surplus of 388,029 HRK (€52,498). (Sorry, getting convention accounts report vibes here). So – if you have a deficit of €27,151, you’ll need to reduce your expenses. In other words, Lloyd took in €82,123 last year, but actually needs €109,274 per his accounting to break even. This is for what was effectively a YouTube channel last year. Due to this accounting trick, Ipsilon Media has a tax burden of 0. Salaries were actually bumped up from 329,474 HRK (€43,726) to 378,007 HRK (€50,178), and over €11K in total expenses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit