It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lloydevansparody
    lloydevansparody
    Sounds like the words of a wise man 👍

Thanks. Not my copyrights. But he was a wonderful man

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Evans: "...if you insist on having a problem with the concept of someone being a professional anti-cult activist and not doing the work I do for free, I feel you ought to explain why you don't also have a problem with others who make a living from bad situations."

It continues to amaze me that he doesn't understand how bad this kind of stance makes him look. He tries to word it to put the onus on his critics, by saying that they are the ones who "have a problem" with him and not with other activists. Who says that his critics don't also have a problem with others who monetize their activism? What if their problem isn't with him making a bit of money from activism, but that he's a greedy asshole who mistreats others and seems to care more about his wallet than their needs?

Also, you have only to make a simple substitution to point out another problem with this approach:

"If you insist on having a problem with the concept of someone being an abusive spouse, I feel you ought to explain why you don't also have a problem with others who abuse their spouses."

The idea that you need to condemn everyone in order to condemn one person does not invalidate the accusation. It also means that, if someone does take the position he requests, they are now able to condemn him and he would have to answer to them, since they met his criteria. Is he okay with that?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    At one point it was said that I earn a six figure salary, which is just completely untrue.

More weasel words. Semantic games.

Ipsilon Media makes six figures. Ipsilon Media is him. Ok he has to pay Tibor out of that, but again - & I'm sorry for Tibor and all that - it's not essential for his channel to have a video editor. He's just a dude talking in front of a camera with occasional JW.org video interspersed. Claiming "he received" the message (from whom, Dijana? Or was this the left side of his brain telling the right?) his wages would not be paid is laughable.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    LMsA: Why can’t he just make videos like everyone else does in their own home with minimal editing?

That is my view as well. He wants it to appear as if he needs to spend all of this money to make videos of a certain quality, but that doesn't make sense for several reasons.

For one, lots of YouTubers do just fine with a phone, a partial script, and some stock photos or video footage. Your expenses are reduced --sometimes drastically-- and as you go, you learn to improve the quality with just those items.

Second, as you learn, you are able to make small upgrades that significantly improve the product. A better camera, a decent microphone, a couple of extra lights, and a few items to spruce up the background. Now you have a "studio" without breaking the bank.

Third, from there the upgrades cost more but provide smaller incremental quality improvements. So you can hold off on them, or you can wait for a time when finances are good and purchase upgrades one at a time. And of course, you are getting better at scripting and talking without spending a dime.

None of those require a staff or a full-time schedule. Lots of YouTubers do this.

Fourth, his videos did not strike me as being of such high quality as to justify monthly pay for three people, including enough for him to support himself and his family. The quality is fine- I'm not saying they are bad. But it's a level of quality barely beyond that of someone making videos on a shoestring with a bit of effort and preparation.

And fifth- if his work is SOOOO important, why isn't he doing it regardless of his financial situation? He is threatening to either reduce his content output to a trickle or end it completely. Not because he won't make any money at all, but because he isn't making enough to 'run it like a business.' If he can't make a lot of money, he won't do this critically important work. He can take offense at people pointing this out all he wants, and ask why they don't make the same demand of others. But it still makes him look like a grifter, someone who is only an activist as long as it makes him a lot of money.

That's who he is.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Funny , the Uncover Open mic Zagreb , on March 12 uploaded 2 videos on Instagram ,and I don't think it they need $1000 for that..

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpj5jzBj5bp/

for people who don't have Instagram

https://twitter.com/joseelyne1/status/1638152209828380673

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Also from the Uncover Open Mic Zagreb , this song is call Guinea Pig ? LMSA , if you want, I will let you make the transcript of that song, I had a hard time understanding what he was saying , to NASAL for me. And what's with the shaking legs ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cpr1dqujKVe/

https://twitter.com/joseelyne1/status/1638152209828380673

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

From his Facebook...

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    The idea that you need to condemn everyone in order to condemn one person does not invalidate the accusation.

This has been his standard deflection since he arrived here. In the beginning, it was always "Paul Grundy/jwfacts shares the same viewpoint as I do! Why are you not going after him?". Because Paul isn't here right now arguing with me like you are, dumbass. If he were to come in and argue the same point, then I'll reply to him.

It's the argument of a child, complaining that a sibling always gets away with everything and he's punished more.

The problem with his assertion is that he's the only one "running a business". No one is comparable to him with the possible exception of Mark O'Donnell, and I don't see Mark making these threats on Twitter to stop his reporting if he doesn't get enough donated to him.

He's very emotionally stunted imo. It's like he got into his early teen years and stopped growing emotionally. He was probably a little bitch to deal with in the Kingdom Hall. "I never see little Johnny out in field service and he's supposed to be a regular pioneer! I'm auxiliary and I do way more hours than him! Yet Johnny is doing the sound and I only occasionally do microphones! Johnny talks to worldly girls yet everyone thinks he's the best!"

Claiming "he received" the message (from whom, Dijana? Or was this the left side of his brain telling the right?)

That wasn't lost on me either. Those begging tweets were sent out on 24 January. And he means to tell us that he had only figured that out with just a week to go in the month that he couldn't pay paycheques and the rent on Ramacro? No wait, Dijana did. Seriously doubt he's letting her be solely responsible for that. He has access to the accounts.

He thinks that everyone can and will bail him out and he's always been rescued in one way or another. Don't have a car? Fine, someone will ship you one. You're having a baby and your flat isn't ready? OK, Haeck will drive down and build it for you. A 700 Euro shortfall would normally mean a "Come to Jesus" moment with Tibor and telling him he can't afford his services anymore with donations being what they were for months. Or - he reduces his salary, Tibor's and Dijana's to make up for the shortfall. Oh no - he can't do that. He has plans to go to Budapest.

And fifth- if his work is SOOOO important, why isn't he doing it regardless of his financial situation? He is threatening to either reduce his content output to a trickle or end it completely.

He didn't know it at the time, but he came across a reasonable solution with going part time, doing two to a handful of videos a month and getting a job. What exactly is wrong with that? You'll have better content, you'll still be putting your name out there and contributing to your body of work.

But he won't do that because it's never an option for him. He can't find a job there. He kept repeating that he was ready to step away. I'm calling that bluff. Please, Lloyd, step away and go part time. Your Patrons are down again and it's going to get worse at the EOM and you'll be in the same position as you were in January. This is not a sustainable business model as you alluded to and the problem is you. Less screen time, not more screen time. We'll manage fine without you and your daily videos.

LMSA , if you want, I will let you make the transcript of that song, I had a hard time understanding what he was saying

First one was solo, with him on harmonica and acoustic guitar. Song is called "Guinea Pig"

Way to go to conversations.

Well you should have gone down there

When these guys come my hearts starts pumping

Everytime I make you laugh

I’m in way too deep

I’m a pawn and you’re the queen

I should turn out faded

But I’m caught in your gravity

Cuz I’m a mess

If you take a chance on me, I’ll be your guinea pig

I’ll be your guinea pig

It could go wrong, but I’m disposable you see

I’m your guinea pig

I’ll be your guinea pig

Cuz I’m a mess

If you take a chance on me, I’ll be your guinea pig

I’ll be your guinea pig

It may go wrong, but I’m disposable you see

I’ll be your guinea pig

I’ll be your guinea pig, your guinea pig….

Second song was only a short piece, with him on vocals and another man on guitar. Looks like he messed the lyrics up at the end.

And you can see

I’m falling apart

I didn’t think l like I’d feel like such a fool

Because even though I care for you, my guitar

I didn’t see this happening so soon

[Laughs] “Fits perfectly. We’re leaving it there. Let’s leave it there. A little bit a comedy at the end there”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit