It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Diogenesister: I'm not sure if iicsa gave a reason for not requesting the data. It may be that they did not have the power, did not have the remit, or....and this is my theory .....that in their view the 'numbers' were not that relevent.

It could also be that they're not going to jump for every entitled crank who shows up without a pacifier and makes demands, hoping to use any action as a reason to very publicly pat himself on the back.

• Toblerone5
  • Simon
    Simon
    As for Lloyd demanding that the IISCA release the database. Would they have even had the legal authority to do that without some protracted drawn out court case?

It's odd that he doesn't seem to understand what the IISCA was there to do. The main purpose was to investigate how institutions failed to protect children in their care. It was not an active investigation into any particular allegation of abuse per se.

https://www.iicsa.org.uk/about-us/terms-reference

But of course we know his reason for asking for something they couldn't provide was purely and simply to make himself look bigger and more important. He certainly wouldn't have been suitable to be given any sensitive information.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Although he has lost a lot of patrons his decline began from a very high base. He’s got more patrons than some famous YouTubers such as Cosmic Skeptic. I think he benefitted from targeting a niche where people are strongly invested in the subject emotionally. He also gained a lot of patrons during the pandemic probably in part due to his non stop livestreams that became regular viewing for isolated/lonely exJWs.

I wonder how many patrons would keep sending him money each month even if he stopped making videos altogether. Maybe he is wondering the same thing! If he’s lucky he might keep around 100 hardcore patrons while doing absolutely nothing. Perhaps some of them are too rich to notice the money going out, or they have lost their marbles, have been institutionalised - but I’m struggling to come up with excuses why anyone would remain a patron.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Is latest video ,is about giving more $$$ with his new youtube membership ,on top of Patreon... I made a little clip of it if you want to see it ,or you can watch the hole video on youtube https://twitter.com/joseelyne1/status/1602375261063987200

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

So he was fine enough to do a video begging for funds but then suddenly has strep throat and can't do a zoom call for his $25/month patrons. If you're still giving money to this lying con artist you're just in full-blown stupid mode by now.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Forget “sorry”, do these people get a refund from LE? For all his missed Zoom calls.
    Then again, most sane people would pay money to avoid a Zoom call with this charlatan.
    He needs people to send him more money because of his “production values”? Who is he kidding? He’s just bleeding people for as long as he can get away with it. Is there any former insider can tell us how these so-called top tier Zoom calls go? Is it just him telling everyone how great he is? Does anyone else get a look in? I’d be embarrassed to be a member of that group.
  • Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    suddenly has strep throat

That zoom call was sunday the 10... I think he tweeted about is ,cough, cough, strep throat disease...LIAR! And i bet you he was watching the game at that karaoke bar ...

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    He needs people to send him more money because of his “production values”?

“Production values” means Tibor’s salary. The 540 Patron goal was to ostensibly look into hiring someone full time which he did. But at 140 patrons below this benchmark and likely falling beneath the next benchmark of 380 in the near future, whatever little he’s paying him has to be coming to a point of contention. Now Lloyd’s likely shaming him by relating how much he lost, how he considers him his best friend when all others have deserted him, and how if he left his children might not be fed, etc.

Losing Tibor also has bad optics as to how badly he’s mismanaged this. Tibor is already an integral part of his marketing strategy with those silly t shirts.

So when does bend start to break? I mean, when Tibor signed up to complete his Masters, he couldn’t have been thinking “I’d love to be able to work for Lloyd Evans and need a Masters for him to be able to consider me”.

I’d say it’s starting to break right now. He’s panicking with the new Patreon tiers and and YT memberships. It’s come to a breaking point and from the looks of it, he’s pulling out all stops to reverse the trend.

People notice desperation like a sore thumb and can see when they are being viewed as a cash source.

When you are at this huge a risk of losing your business, you make the time to hit your top tier Patron Zoom. He’s not at risk of infecting anyone, take some cough medicine and smile/laugh through it for 30 minutes.

He just feels this is all owed to him based on past work and feels offended he has to dance round like a trained monkey for tips.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

From the archives: Son of Thunder weighs in on “begging for money” - check out how many years ago he posted this video…..

https://youtu.be/MbRWzxqAL8Y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit